Japan's Cultural Curiosities - Tokyo Craftsmanship TourStep into the world of Japanese "Mono-Zukuri" (Craftsmanship)
- 5 hour tour
- Small group tour
- English speaking guide
We deployed some measures to ensure the safety of our customers and guides.Read more
- Maneki-Neko "Fortune Cat" Painting Experience
- A massive tour with 5 different craftsman shops with a local guide
- Nishi-Arai shrine exploration and some Japanese legendary snacks
- Maneki-Neko painting experience
- Snacks at Nishi Arai Shrine
- Additional Purchases at all craft shops
- Transportation (Train Ticket from Nippori to Nishi-Arai Daishi Nishi station) *283 yen
This tour is brought to you by MagicalTrip and Toei Transportation, a government-led organization that runs transportation infrastructure in the city of Tokyo.
This tour will feature Toei Transporations' environmentally-friendly transit system, the Nippori Liner.
All guests will be required to purchase a train ticket from Nippori station to Nishi-Arai Daishi Nishi station. Your local guide will assist you. Please note that the train ticket is not included in the tour cost.
Welcome to Yanaka, and Nishi-Arai in this massive "Craftsmanship" tour! It is one of our biggest tours featured here on MagicalTrip. On this tour, we will take you on a magnificent adventure through Japanese mono-zukuri (craftsmanship).
Craftsmanship plays an integral role in Japanese culture, where many items we use are created by craftsmen. Nowadays, anyone can become a craftsman given the proper training. It is interesting, and unique to see crafting from their perspective.
On this tour, you will be able to have some delicious Soba lunch, and taste some legendary Japanese local snacks "Kuzu-Mochi". Hope to see you soon!
The Town of Craftsmanship
Welcome to Yanaka, the town where craftsmen gather to present and create their fabled creations. Here, you will get to see and take part in such activities, including Maneki-Neko (fortune cat) painting!
The Japanese and Leather
It is time to make your way to Nishi-Arai, the home of Tsuchiya Kaban (Tsuchiya bags), famous for their factory-made leather bags! Their speciality: the Ransell bags. These sturdy bags are used by Japanese schoolchildren, and it is custom to keep the same bag for the 6 years of their primary school life.
Nishi-Arai Shrine Exploration
Your final stop is at Nishi-Arai Shrine, where the famous Kobo-Taishi (Kukai) stopped by. You will also get to sample some famous Japanese snacks made by craftsmen!
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the tour starting time.
- Free date/time rescheduling up to 24 hours before the tour starting time (depending on availability).
- Local favorite foods and drinks
- Hidden spots all over Japan
- Meet 10 of our local guides
Not ready to book yet?
Save it for later
Travel planning is hard. Take your time :) Save this link just in case and come back when you make a decision.
Some decisions need to be done together.
Share this link and see what they think
Check our FAQ to clear up any doubts you might have.