Nishiki Market Brunch Walking Food TourTaste Kyoto's best brunch & sampling foods at Nishiki Market★★★★★
- 2.5 hour tour
- Small group tour
- English speaking guide
What makes this tour unique
- Feel the crisp morning air and stroll around Kyoto's classic backstreets
- Enjoy a "one-of-a-kind" brunch at Nishiki (Ichiba) Market which is also known as the "Kitchen of Kyoto"!
- Learn Kyoto's food culture by enjoying the authentic cuisine from a local tour guide
Tips and recommendations by our official guides
In ancient times, Kyoto developed as a political city that played a crucial role in Japan's long history.
Today, Kyoto is a must-visit destination for many tourists because of its vast number of architectural sites.
However, few people know that Kyoto boasts a rich culinary history.
You'll have the chance to explore an exciting aspect of the city with a "one-of-a-kind" brunch experience at Kyoto Nishiki Market!
For over 400 years, Nishiki Market has remained a beloved destination for locals.
Many still shop at this market every morning, and it's gaining popularity among tourists.
While Nishiki Market is undoubtedly a must-visit destination, you might wonder why you should join this tour. Here's why:
Experience the best brunch beloved by Kyoto locals - With numerous shops lining the streets, choosing what to eat can be overwhelming. On this tour, we'll guide you through the market, sampling the best local foods that you simply must try. You won't miss out on the authentic local dishes prepared right there. The tour includes several food tastings, ample enough to satisfy your appetite around lunchtime.
Gain insights into the place and culture from locals - This isn't just a visit; you'll delve deep into Kyoto's food culture, uncovering new charms and enhancing your understanding of this ancient capital. Additionally, your guide will offer valuable tips on what to explore for the remainder of your Kyoto trip!
We're confident that this tour will make your Kyoto experience ten times more memorable and enjoyable than if you were exploring on your own.
Of course, vegans and vegetarians are welcome, and children can join in on the fun.
Passionate local guides from Kyoto eagerly await your visit to this beautiful market!
Stroll through Kyoto's classic district Gion, before exploring Nishiki Market
Start out the tour by enjoying the fresh, morning air while walking through Ponto-cho. A local tour guide will take you around the serene and quaint morning town of Kyoto, which is a big contrast to the vibrant energy at night. After a healthy exercise from a little walk to stimulate your appetite, we will pay a visit to a shrine loved by locals.
Experience Kyoto's "one-of-a-kind" breakfast at Nishiki Market known as the "Kitchen of Kyoto."
Nishiki market has over 400 years of history which has been loved and recognized by locals as the "Kitchen of Kyoto" for a long time. According to the name, "Kitchen of Kyoto," it implies that Nishiki Market is rich with famous gourmet cuisine of Kyoto. When visiting Nishiki Tenmangu shrine, our guide will tell you why Nishiki market was developed like this and how it's related to Kyoto's food traditional culture. You will have the opportunity to experience traditional Kyoto breakfast style brunch and know the depth of Kyoto's food culture.
A passionate guide will teach you local stories about Kyoto food culture
A local and knowledgeable guide will provide you with valuable information that you cannot gain from an ordinary sightseeing tour. You can ask anything about the history or culture of Kyoto. All questions are welcome!
Gion Shijo Station, right outside of Exit 5, in front of Izumo no Okuni Statue
- A guide will be holding a board saying "MagicalTrip"
- Meet in front of the statue of Izumo no Okuni
- Stroll Ponto Town
- Pay a visit to Nishiki Tenmangu Shrine
- Eating tour at Nishiki Market
- Brunch at a restaurant
- End of the tour
- The restaurant industry faces difficulty in hiring restaurant staff and training them due to many restaurant staff having to quit or having gotten laid off during the Covid-19 pandemic. Therefore, food and drinks at some restaurants may be served late making the tour last longer than originally scheduled. We kindly ask for your understanding
- Because most Japanese restaurants are not fully ready for providing vegetarian menus, limited choices of vegetarian foods in our tour is available.
- We are unable to accommodate gluten-free requests for this tour.
- All ages can join this tour
- You do not need to pay for the guide's food and drinks
- Please bring some cash for your additional orders
- Out of respect for other guests and to ensure the best tour for everyone, we must start the tour on time.
- You will not be able to join the tour, get a refund or reschedule if you are late for the tour and miss the group.
- You are welcome to bring your young children and baby on this tour, but if you would like to leave your children with a sitter, we can refer you to an outside sitter service, please contact us before booking.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the tour starting time.
- Free date/time rescheduling up to 24 hours before the tour starting time (depending on availability).
Photos from the Recent Tours