Osaka Local Foodie Tour in Dotonbori and Shinsekai Try Osaka's must-eat foods★★★★★
- 3 hour tour
- Small group tour
- English speaking guide
What makes this tour unique
- An all-inclusive food tour where you will get to eat 8 different Osaka specialities, selected by our local guide.
- In 3 hours, enjoy a wide array of different Takoyaki, Okonomiyaki and Kushikatsu and learn of its origins.
- Explore hidden alleys and temples, away from the main streets (and crowds!) to learn the history of Osaka first-hand from a local.
- Extra street food, drinks or dessert (available for purchase)
- Transportation fee (¥180) from Shinsekai to Dotonbori
Check out YouTuber The Endless Adventure experiencing our tour
Tips and recommendations by our official guides
As an Osaka local, Dotonbori and Shinsekai have been my favorite cities ever since. I would love to tell everyone around the world about how warm and energetic Osaka is! I would also like to introduce Osaka's dietary culture and its uniqueness by taking you to our recommended Okonomiyaki, Kushikatsu and Okonomiyaki spots!
In this food tour, we will provide you with not only visits to the popular tourists attractions and local fooderies while giving insights on how this city has been developed. I will also guide you to hidden gem spots that only locals usually visit. Our tour is highly efficient, meaning you won't waste a single time going through so many awesome locations! I would also love to help you witness the comparison between modern and traditional culture of this city by visiting places that hasn't changed at all and places that have changed significantly.
From children to the elderly, this tour can be enjoyed by all ages. Whether you're a couple or family, you will be sure to deepen your knowledge by sharing this experience.
I can hardly wait for the opportunity to teach you more about my favorite city! Osaka loving locals will be sure to guide you and make unforgettable memories your trip!
Feel the nostalgia of the past in Shinsekai with your palate with local foods such as Kushikatsu.
This 3-hour food journey will start with visiting the Shinto shine in Shinsekai. You will learn how Shinto is related to Japanese people's life in this shine that a million of people visit in every new year season! Turning your step into the center of Shinsekai, you will see an old busy commercial district with the Tsutenkaku Tower as the symbol of this area. More than 60 years ago, when the 103 meters observation tower was built, it was a big excitement for the people in Osaka. When you are having Kusikatsu at the center of Shinsekai before heading to Dotonbori, you will have felt the nostalgic atmosphere of this town!
Step in time as your guide takes you through a food alley from the past.
The "museum-like" alley will give you a virtual experience of how the center of Osaka used to be more than 80 years ago. You wouldn't believe how much you can explore in this narrow alley which is only 1.2m in width. The arts on the walls creates a special atmosphere and reminds people how the place looked like in the old days. After coming out of the alley, we'll be going to a small but quaint temple which lies between the bright neon signs and the shopping streets of Namba. Stepping through the entrance of the temple is very much like stepping out of the modern world and into the past. It's worth learning Osaka's history as a short break of this food journey before heading to the local Okonomioyaki restaurant in this Dotonbori area!
Stuff yourself like you mean it at Dotonbori, the "nation's kitchen" with local foods like okonomiyaki and takoyaki.
Dotonbori has been the symbol of Osaka for a long time! Historically a merchant city and during the Edo period, it served as a center for the rice trade. That's why it has also been known as the "nation's kitchen". It was an essential place for Japanese people and it remains to be the busiest part of Osaka. Let's visit the local recommended Okonomiyaki and Takoyaki spots in this "nation's kitchen", Dotonbori to end this food journey in Osaka!
In front of the exit of Imamiya ebisu station, Nankai Kouya line.See on google maps
- In front of the exit of Imamiya ebisu station, Nankai Kouya line.
- A guide will be holding a sign saying "MagicalTrip"
- The restaurant industry faces difficulty of hiring restaurant staff and training them because many restaurant staff had to quit or got laid off during the times of the Covid-19 pandemic. Therefore, food and drinks at some restaurants possibly comes served late and the tour might be longer than originally scheduled. We kindly ask for your understanding
- Because most Japanese restaurants are not fully ready for providing vegetarian menus, choices of vegetarian foods in our tour is available but limited.
- All ages can join this tour.
- Please note that there might be other participants.
- You do not need to pay for guide's food and drinks.
- This tour could possibly visit the place where smoking is not prohibited. please note that we may not be able to change the tour venues in this case.
- Out of respect for other guests and to ensure the best tour for everyone, we must start the tour on time.
- You will not be able to join the tour, get refund or rescheduled if you are late for the tour and missed the group.
- You are welcome to bring your young children and baby on this tour, but if you would like to leave your children with a sitter, we can refer you to an outside sitter service, please contact us before booking.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the tour starting time.
- Free date/time change up to 24 hours till the tour starting time (depending on availability).
- Being late for more than 5 minutes without contacting us will be regarded as a cancellation without any refund.
This tour ends at Dotonbori. If you would like to go back to the meeting place, your guide will tell you how to get back.
Yes, you are welcome to bring your young children and baby on this tour. children age 4 -15 can get food tastings and drinks.
Please visit Help Center for general inquiries.