Osaka Bar Hopping Night Tour in NambaIndulge in Osaka's Food & Nightlife at Hidden Pubs★★★★★
- 3 hour tour
- Small group tour
- English speaking guide
What makes this tour unique
- Discover Osaka's hidden nightlife food alleys where locals dine and drink
- Enjoy tasty local food and drinks in the unique atmosphere of Namba district
- All-in-one bar hopping tour. Drinks & Foods are included so, you can come to the tour empty-handed
- Hop through 3 local bars in this nightlife food tour in Osaka with a friendly local guide
Tips and recommendations by our official guides
Having met many unique individuals and experienced their cultures firsthand, I am eager to introduce my hometown, Osaka, and share its rich culture with others.
Osaka has flourished as a commercial hub since the Edo era, spanning over 400 years. Its proximity to the sea ensured an abundance of seafood, while its strategic location attracted a variety of Japanese cuisines from different regions. It's no wonder Osaka has earned the title "the Kitchen of Japan." Here, you'll find a plethora of local delicacies to savor! Among my favorites are Kushi Age (Fried Skewers), Takoyaki (Fried Octopus), and Okonomiyaki, which pair perfectly with beverages like Cold Draft Beer, Japanese Sake, and Shochu.
Join us on the Osaka Bar Hopping Tour, where we'll visit three of my cherished traditional Izakaya bars. Immerse yourself in the vibrant atmosphere as locals gather for evening festivities. Rest assured, the people of Osaka are renowned for their friendliness and warmth!
This comprehensive bar tour includes ample food and drinks, equivalent to a full dinner meal. We've curated the finest izakaya offerings, ensuring you can fully immerse yourself without bringing anything along.
At each Izakaya, choose from our curated food and drink menu. We cater to vegetarians and vegans, so dietary restrictions are no issue. Additionally, feel free to order extra dishes or beverages at each stop. Sharing drinks with Osaka's amiable locals in these traditional establishments promises an unforgettable experience.
I'm confident this tour will leave you with cherished memories. Experience Osaka's luminous nightlife, delectable local cuisine, and welcoming locals firsthand. Given the intimate nature of this small-group food tour, expect meaningful interactions with fellow guests and locals alike. All travelers, whether solo adventurers, families, or couples, are warmly welcomed. See you soon!
Start the Osaka Pub Tour by Hopping Hidden Local Bars & Taste Local Food at Namba Area
After meeting our local tour guide at exit 15B of Namba station, the guide will take you around Hozenji Yokocho Alley, located near Dotonbori. This narrow alley reminds people of the historic old days of Osaka with Japanese style Izakaya bars lined up in the alley including a small temple called Hozenji temple. Many locals come to relax and enjoy local food at night. After walking around the alley, we'll visit the first Izakaya bar that serves various types of Osaka's traditional food such as Kushikatsu (fried skewers). The combination of this local food and drinking local Beer, Sake, and Shochu will definitely pump up your night!
Pub Crawl through the Indoor Food Alley featuring Osaka's Foods & Drinks
At first, your guide will take you to the first bar in an area called Ura-Namba, where hidden traditional and delicious restaurants are located. We are going to one of the most unique nightlife food alleys around there. A collection of 20 kinds of Izakaya bars and eateries filled daily, full of locals grabbing a bite to eat at night. Have a seat and enjoy your meals and drinks in front of a bar serving small Japanese plates such as Yakitori (chicken skewers) and grilled vegetables. You can also try sushi, takoyaki, Okonomiyaki (Japanese savory pancake with origins from Osaka) or many other kinds of delicious local food from many bars in this food alley.
Get a Taste of Osaka Drinking Culture & Get to Know Osaka People - Enjoy the Night in Style like the Locals Do!
After enjoying delicious fried skewers, you will go to the next izakaya bar of the bar hopping tour. Here, you can eat traditional Japanese food which most tourists don't really know. Osaka is known for their variety of foods so try so many kinds of dishes on the tour! Of course, grabbing many more drinks is on the itinerary! This bar hopping food tour is not over yet! Afterwards let's continue hopping more izakaya bars in the Namba area!
Snap Photos at One of the Most Famous Spots in Osaka - Capture the Dotonbori Nightlife
Before going back to Namba station, we'll drop by Dotonbori and take memorable photos with friends and the guide you met on this night food tour! The atmosphere of Dotonbori is totally different at night compared to the day. At night it is very vivid and unique like the local people who live in Osaka. By the end of this food tour, you'll surely get to know how distinctive and special this city really is. After all, this city is known amongst travelers as being the nightlife "Party City" of Japan!
Right in front of Namba HIPS
- 5-8 mins walk from Namba train station
- Meeting place is in front of the stairs on ground floor and you will see a big avenue in front
- The guide will be holding a red/orange sign saying "MagicalTrip"
- Meeting Place: Subway Namba station Exit 15-B
- Go around Namba Area (3 bars)
- Return to Namba Station
- The restaurant industry faces difficulty in hiring restaurant staff and training them due to many restaurant staff having to quit or having gotten laid off during the Covid-19 pandemic. Therefore, food and drinks at some restaurants may be served late making the tour last longer than originally scheduled. We kindly ask for your understanding
- Because most Japanese restaurants are not fully ready for providing vegetarian menus, limited choices of vegetarian foods in our tour is available.
- Please note that there may be other participants
- You do not need to pay for the guide's food and drinks
- This tour could possibly visit places where smoking is not prohibited. Please note that we may not be able to change the tour venues in this case.
- Only persons over 20 years of age can drink alcohol by Japanese law
- Anyone over 15 years old can join this tour.
- Out of respect for our other guests and to ensure the best tour for everyone, we must start the tour on time.
- You will not be able to join the tour, get a refund or reschedule if you are late for the tour and miss the group.
- We do not recommend bringing young children and baby on this tour.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the tour starting time.
- Free date/time change up to 24 hours till the tour starting time.
- Cancellation after the starting time or no show, we offer no refund or date/time change.
We are going to be visiting three bars in all of our Bar Hopping Tours!
Anyone over 15 years old can join this tour but only those who are 20 years or older are allowed to drink alcohol by Japanese law.
If you don't drink alcohol, we also offer soft drinks that you can choose from our menu.
Vegetarian food is available. You get to choose food from various choices at each bar.
No, you don't. Your guide pays on their own and enjoy with all guests!
If you don't eat fish or other seafood, you don't need to worry. We offer a variety of food in our menu to choose from. We try to balance between meat, fish, and vegetarian options so you always can enjoy eating at every bar. Please remember to put that in your booking comments so that our guide can be well-prepared for it.
Please visit Help Center for general inquiries.
Photos from the Recent Tours
Check out YouTuber sydsnap experiencing our tour