Kuromon Market Walking Street Food Tour in OsakaEating up local's favorite street-foods★★★★★
- 2 hour tour
- Small group tour
- English speaking guide
What makes this tour unique
- Try Osaka's "must-eat" street food, Takoyaki
- Have a taste of several local foods while walking through Kuromon Market
- Find unique Japanese kitchenware and tableware souvenirs to bring home
Tips and recommendations by our official guides
Kuromon Market has long been an essential cornerstone of Osaka's reputation as the "Kitchen of the Nation." Many of the market's establishments have stood for decades, primarily as family-owned businesses, distinguishing it from modern shopping malls. This market is renowned for offering delightful street foods that tantalize the taste buds of Osakans.
While time has ushered in some changes, the enduring warmth of the vendors and their dedication to customer service remain constants. Our motivation for crafting this tour extends beyond merely showcasing Kuromon Market; we aim to immerse you in its vibrant and hospitable culture.
Wondering why you should choose our tour? Here's why:
Experience Authentic Local Flavors: With numerous stalls lining the streets, selecting the perfect dish can be overwhelming. On our tour, we guide you through sampling the quintessential local delicacies that Kuromon Market offers. Rest assured, you'll savor genuine dishes that encapsulate Osaka's culinary essence. The tour ensures ample food tastings to satiate your appetite.
Gain Insights from Local Experts: Beyond mere sightseeing, our tour delves into the rich history and culinary culture of Osaka and the market. Your guide will offer invaluable recommendations for the remainder of your stay in Osaka.
For those with dietary preferences, worry not! We offer vegetarian options; simply inform us during your booking. Should you have any queries or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out.
Our amiable local guides eagerly await to accompany you on this gastronomic adventure. Join us as we explore the vibrant Kuromon Market!
Try Osaka's "must-eat" street food, Takoyaki at Kuromon Market
Have you heard of a Japanese street food called, "Takoyaki"? It's a small rounded ball snack made of wheat-flour based batter with a piece of octopus inside. After shaping it roundly with a mold, people put savory sauce and some bonito flakes on top. This Takoyaki is originally from Osaka and that's why we want you to try the best Takoyaki in this Osaka walking tour!
Have a taste of local favorite foods while walking through Kuromon Market and Dotonbori street
This tour will be an excellent option for you if you'd like to try different kinds of Japanese food in one place! Kuromon Market has a history of over 100 years and features more than 130 shops and stalls. With so many options, deciding what to try can be challenging. But don't worry; we'll stop by to sample local favorites, including fresh seafood, hot-pot dishes, and more.
Find unique Japanese kitchenware and tableware souvenirs to bring home
After sampling foods, we'll head to a street called Doguyasuji Street. This street has contributed significantly to earning Osaka its title as "the Kitchen of the Nation," offering a wide range of kitchenware, tableware, and cooking equipment. These items cater not only to individuals but also to professionals. You'll discover unique and practical souvenirs for family and friends who enjoy cooking. Following that, we'll stroll around Dotonbori Street to indulge in more Osaka local foods!
In front of the SMBC ATM at Nippon-bashi 1chome near Kintetsu Nippon-bashi Station （Exit 10 from Kintetsu Nippon-bashi station)
- A guide will be holding a board saying "MagicalTrip"
- Meet in front of the Family Mart Convenience store at Nippon-bashi 1chome near Kintetsu Nippon-bashi Station.
- Eat around as walking through Kuromon market
- Shop around Japanese unique kitchen stuff
- The restaurant industry faces difficulty in hiring restaurant staff and training them due to many restaurant staff having to quit or having gotten laid off during the Covid-19 pandemic. Therefore, food and drinks at some restaurants may be served late making the tour last longer than originally scheduled. We kindly ask for your understanding
- Because most Japanese restaurants are not fully ready for providing vegetarian menus, limited choices of vegetarian foods in our tour is available.
- All ages can join this tour.
- Please note that there might be other participants.
- You do not need to pay for guide's food and drinks.
- Please bring some cash to pay for your food and drinks that is not included in the tour fee.
- Out of respect for other guests and to ensure the best tour for everyone, we must start the tour on time.
- You will not be able to join the tour, get a refund or reschedule if you are late for the tour and miss the group.
- You are welcome to bring your young children and baby on this tour, but if you would like to leave your children with a sitter, we can refer you to an outside sitter service, please contact us before booking.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the tour starting time.
- Free date/time change up to 24 hours till the tour starting time (depending on availability).
Photos from the Recent Tours
Check out YouTuber Davidsbeenhere experiencing our tour