Asakusa Cultural & Street-food Walking TourDiscover the history and traditions of the old town in Tokyo, Asakusa★★★★★
- 3 hour tour
- Small group tour
- English speaking guide
We deployed some measures to ensure the safety of our customers and guides.Read more
- An all-inclusive Asakusa walking tour covering all things to do recommended by locals within 3 hours
- A Rickshaw ride experience (If rainy, Ninja Experience)
- Educational experience that you can learn Japanese religious culture at Sensoji temple and all about this old traditional town in Tokyo
- Explore a cooking central for Japanese chefs and shop for high-quality, authentic Japanese kitchenware.
- Cook Monja-yaki originally created in Asakusa for lunch.
- A Rickshaw ride (If rain, it can be replaced with Ninja Experience)
- Some food samplings (Japanese snacks and sweets)
- Lunch ( Okonomiyaki or Monja-yaki + 1 drink) (Vegan menu available)
- Tour photos
- 3 hours with a local guide
- Additional food and drink (Available for purchase)
Are you planning to visit Asakusa? Is your answer yes? It should be!
Asakusa is the most popular tourist destination in Tokyo. However, would you like to make sure that you experience the authentic Asakusa that the locals recommend?
Asakusa's trip wouldn't be complete with just passing through the main street and blindly following other tourists to Sensoji temple. Skip the over-priced, touristy restaurants around the sightseeing area and find one that is authentic, local, and fun!
I created this tour to help travelers navigate through "the real Asakusa".
I've lived in this district for over seven years. I wanted to offer this tour to ensure that you're able to travel with a local that knows the area well. If you do, your Asakusa experience will be 10 times more enjoyable!
Our friendly local guide will give you some insights into important traditions of Japanese temples, local lifestyles, what to buy, and what to eat in Asakusa. You can't hear the real voices of locals by only reading guidebooks or reading website articles- have an in-person guide show you around!
This Asakusa cultural walking tour suits all types of travelers: family, friends, couples, and solo travelers. In addition, since this is a small-group tour (up to 8 people), you can also enjoy talking with and meeting new people, including your friendly local guide.
This tour starts at 11am and ends at around 2pm, so you can check out shops that you discover through the tour, or keep exploring Asakusa after the tour (you'll probably find something very interesting after this tour)!
Since you're coming all the way to Asakusa, why don't you give this tour a try, making the most out of this amazing historical town?
If you would like to wear a Kimono in Asakusa, we have another tour that includes Kimono rental with gerat photos in Tokyo. Check out the tour on the Tokyo page as well!
- Due to the bad whether, Rickshaw ride could be replaced with the Ninja Experience in Asakusa.
- This tour is available for all-ages.
- You do not need to pay for the guide's food and drinks
- Out of respect for other guests and to ensure the best tour for everyone, we must start the tour on time.
- You will not be able to join the tour, get refund or rescheduled if you are late for the tour and missed the group.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the tour starting time.
- Free date/time rescheduling up to 24 hours before the tour starting time (depending on availability).
- Local favorite foods and drinks
- Hidden spots all over Japan
- Meet 10 of our local guides
Not ready to book yet?
Save it for later
Travel planning is hard. Take your time :) Save this link just in case and come back when you make a decision.
Some decisions need to be done together.
Share this link and see what they think
Check our FAQ to clear up any doubts you might have.