Harajuku Kawaii Fashion & Pop-culture TourStroll through Meiji Shrine and Feel Kawaii Harajuku style with a local guide in Tokyo's trendy town★★★★★
- 3 hour tour
- Small group tour
- English speaking guide
What makes this tour unique
- Explore Harajuku pop culture with a local guide!
- Enjoy a colorful lunch in the crazy monster café
- Take a peaceful walk around Meiji Shrine
- 1 drink + 1 food at Monster Cafe (Vegan menu available)
- Admission fee of monster cafe
- Purikura Photo experience
- Tour photos
- 3 hours with a local guide
- Additional food & drinks (Available for purchase)
Check out YouTuber Maryjane Byarm experiencing our tour
Tips and recommendations by our official guides
I want to show the authentic, local things of Japan to tourists coming here, things that have less tourism-oriented aspects.
I hope you will enjoy our tours! Harajuku is known as the most famous pop culture area in Tokyo. Travelers can enjoy it just by walking around the streets and soaking up the trendy atmosphere, watching the Harajuku-style teenagers dressed in colorful, slightly crazy outfits.
However, if accompanied by a guide, you can explore the most entertaining spots in the most efficient way. You'll be able to visit shops that are recommended by locals without getting lost in translation, and you don't need to worry about getting confused about where to go and what to try. Most of all, you'll easily see the contrast of beautiful Meiji shrine with the trendy pop culture, all in only three hours.
You can take a walk around the shrine grounds, shop in the stylish shopping street, and hang out with your local guide in an entertaining, colorful monster cafe! By the end of it all, you'll have a great sense of Harajuku with the help of the guide provided.
After the tour, you can stay in the district, do more shopping, or explore some spots more carefully that you discovered earlier. We will do our best to ensure that you have the greatest experience possible in Harajuku! We are look forward to seeing you soon!
Get insights into Harajuku pop-culture and fashion from your guide!
Lastly, we'll head to a shopping street filled with Harajuku pop culture. Here, you can enjoy not only shopping, but also fancy sweets like crepes, pancakes, and cotton candy. At the end of the shopping street, you can snap fun purikura (sticker photos) with your guide to experience Japanese kawaii, photogenic culture and to make a memento of your trip.
Enjoy a colorful lunch in the Kawaii Monster Café in Harajuku
Harajuku culture is described as a huge, colorful monster swallowing different cultures from all over the world. After having our peaceful, cultural walk in Meiji shrine, we will go to the Kawaii Monster Cafe, which is based on the concept of the Harajuku monster. Here, you can have colorful pasta and cakes, and, if you are lucky enough, you can also watch a fun, entertaining show performed by “monsters” in the cafe!
Take a peaceful walk around Meiji Shrine in Tokyo
Meiji shrine is the embodiment of tranquility, with 365 different species of trees to be found amongst the 100,000 that dot the grounds. It acts as a relaxing contrast to the fast-paced, busy streets of Harajuku. We will start the tour with a peaceful stroll around the shrine, breathing in some fresh air and preparing for the amazing Harajuku subculture experience.
In front of Omotesando Exit of JR Harajuku stationSee on google maps
- Your guide will be holding a sign saying "MagicalTrip"
- The restaurant industry faces difficulty of hiring restaurant staff and training them because many restaurant staff had to quit or got laid off during the times of the Covid-19 pandemic. Therefore, food and drinks at some restaurants possibly comes served late and the tour might be longer than originally scheduled. We kindly ask for your understanding
- Because most Japanese restaurants are not fully ready for providing vegetarian menus, choices of vegetarian foods in our tour is available but limited.
- All ages can join this tour
- Please note that you don't need to pay for guide's food and drink.
- Out of respect for other guests and to ensure the best tour for everyone, we must start the tour on time.
- You will not be able to join the tour, get refund or rescheduled if you are late for the tour and missed the group.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the tour starting time.
- Free date/time change up to 24 hours till the tour starting time (depending on availability).