[Tokyo Skytree Town] Watch Sumo Wrestler's Morning Practice in OshiageWatch real sumo morning training with a local guide★★★★★
- 2 hour tour
- Small group tour
- English speaking guide
What makes this tour unique
- Watch the Sumo wrestler's morning practice at a Sumo Stable.
- A Japanese guide will take you through to the "World of Sumo"!
Tips and recommendations by our official guides
Most Japanese people watch Sumo either on TV or at the Sumo Stadium. It is very difficult to find a Japanese who have watched the Sumo-wrestler's morning training!!
So, this tour will welcome you to a very special and unique experience to watch their training from a very close distance!! I'm sure you will be overwhelmed and surprised to see the intensity of their morning practice.
If you are luckly, Sumo wrestlers will take photos with you after the practice.
Even if you miss to see a Sumo match, this experience of watching their training will give you an idea of how the Sumo competition is like and what a Sumo-wrestler's day is like. We will explain more to you about the very interesting Sumo world.
We hope to see you all in this tour!!
Watch the Sumo morning training at a Sumo table in Tokyo
Did you know that the Sumo wrestlers' day starts very early?
Well, it depends on the Sumo wrestler's rank/skills, but the morning training can start as early as 6 am. Sumo wrestlers who are highly ranked/skilled normally start their training from 8 am. If you go and watch the match in a sumo stadium it's really difficult to get a seat close to the sumo ring, but the good thing about this tour is that you get to watch their training from a very close distance. You'll probably be surprised to see how big they are and how lively it is! After the training, depending on the situation and the condition of the sumo wrestlers, there might be a chance to talk to them or take photos with them. But please understand that this is not guaranteed.
A local tour guide will take you to the "World of Sumo"
How well do you know about Sumo? Do you know about the rules of the Sumo match? Do you know what the Sumo-wrestlers eat to grow big? Don't worry, that's why a local tour guide will be there for you throughout the tour to give you insights. We will be using cards and have quizzes to explain all the questions you have about Sumo. Please feel free to ask any questions during the tour!
Out of respect for the sumo stable, please agree with the following
・No talking during the practice
・Don't bring any food and drinks inside
・Cellphone/smartphone should be on silent mode
・No filming inside (taking photos is OK)
・When taking photos, don't move your position, don't use flash and make sure there are no shutter sounds.
・Once you leave, you are not allowed to reenter. If you want to leave during the practice please do while on break time quickly and quietly
・Avoid wearing revealing clothes
In front of Oshiage Taxi stop on the ground in front of Exit B3 in Oshiage station.See on google maps
- Please note that the meeting place is on the ground (Exit B3). From the meeting spot, you can see Skytree and the sign of Uniqlo, LIFE, and Sizzler.
- The guide will be holding a red/orange sign saying "Magical Trip"
- Due to the situation of the worldwide spread of coronavirus, you may not be allowed to enter the sumo stable if you look sick with either sneezing or coughing to protect the wrestlers’ health condition.
- As Sumo stables has the right to adjust their schedule in the last minute based on their tournament schedule and wrestlers' condition, please note that there is the possibility to cancel the tour due to the sudden change or cancellation of the practice by sumo stables. In that case, we will fully refund your booking shortly.
- Only available for those that are 12 years or older. Children younger than 12 years are not allowed to enter the sumo stable.
- Please be aware that guests may have to sit on the floor as most of stables do not usually offer chairs.
- The sumo stable has the right to refuse guests who offend the rules of the stable and in this case, we will not be able to refund.
- Sumo stables decide if the audiences are allowed to take the photos of sumo wrestlers or the photos with sumo wrestlers. Please note that there is the possibility that you cannot take those photos in the case the sumo stables rejected for whatever reasons.
- In the case that the group is large, the group may be split into the different groups and each may visit different stables.
- You may not be allowed to go to the toilet during the practice, so please make sure to go to toilet before the tour starts.
- The duration of sumo practice may prolong sometimes, which may cause the tour end later than the estimated time.
- Out of respect for other guests and to ensure the best tour for everyone, we must start the tour on time.
- You will not be able to join the tour, get refund or rescheduled if you are late for the tour and missed the group.
- We might sometime ask you to change the time/date depending on the availability of the Sumo morning practice schedule.
- For a full refund, cancel 72 hours in advance of the tour date.
- Free rescheduling up to 72 hours before the tour date (depending on availability).
There are two possible reasons:
1. Because all dates are fully booked. This tour is really popular and likely to be full early in advance.
2. Because the future tour dates have not been decided yet. This tour is taken place irregularly due to schedule of sumo stables.
Yes! we have another Sumo Practice tour. Find out more info here
Yes, the tour ends at the meeting place.
Yes, you may. In that case, Please tell you guide before you leave.
Yes! we offer Sumo Tour with premimum Sumo tournament ticket in Tokyo! Check this out!
Please visit Help Center for general inquiries.