Tokyo Night Foodie Tour in ShinjukuTaste Tokyo's "Must-eat" foods, Omakase Sushi & Wagyu beef Yakiniku in Shinjuku★★★★★
- 3 hour tour
- Small group tour
- English speaking guide
What makes this tour unique
- A must-go tour for foodies of all ages where you will explore 3 foodie locations in the vibrant cityscape of Shinjuku.
- See an authentic Sushi chef (itamae) create an artisan Nigiri sushi right in front of you with fresh fish.
- Indulge in various kinds of Wagyu in an exciting Japanese BBQ Experience.
- Cool off as you wander around Kabukicho and enjoy an artisan Gelato, while surrounded by the lights and sounds of Kabukicho.
- 8 pieces of seasonal Omakase nigiri sushi (Vegetarian menu available)
- A full Yakiniku dinner with Wagyu beef (Vegetarian menu available)
- 1 dessert or 1 drink at last stop (Vegetarian menu available)
- Tour photos
- 3.5 hours with a local guide
Check out YouTuber Jammy Cruz experiencing our tour
Tips and recommendations by our official guides
As you probably know, Shinjuku is one of the famous sightseeing spots in Tokyo, but since it is vast and statistically has the largest number of eateries in Tokyo, you'll find many people everywhere, which makes it difficult to find hidden but famous restaurants that offer delicious food loved by the locals. Also, those popular restaurants that are on the guide book are often too crowded with many tourists, while those hidden famous restaurants that do not appear in the guide book, you may face the problem of the language barrier.
We have created this authentic food tour that provides a visit to three our favorite restaurants. In order to make it quite comfortable, you will be accompanied by one of our local guides.
While enjoying the delicious cuisine, you can also learn about Japanese food culture and the complex Shinjuku area through the tour.
We will start the trip by visiting a Sushi restaurant tucked in the Shinjuku underground. Here, an authentic Sushi chef (Itamae) will create beautiful Sushi creations right in front of your eyes. Next, we will visit a Yakiniku restaurant located near Shinjuku station. Here, we will prepare our own Japanese BBQ featuring the famous Wagyu. Enjoy your time grilling the meat with an authentic Japanese shichirin (BBQ stove).
The foodie tour comes to a climax as you wander around the hustling bustling Kabuki-Cho, adorned with vibrant neon lights. Right in front of the famous Godzilla TOHO Theater is our final stop; an artisan gelato store in a quiet, cozy cafe.
Experience Tokyo’s culinary hidden gems on this 3-hour Tokyo food tour through three very famous and must see places in Tokyo!
Try the classic Japanese food, Sushi at the hidden Sushi restaurant in Shinjuku!
After meeting with the guide, you will head to the first food stop that serves gerat Sushi. It is located at the lively east exit area in Shinjuku, which is always packed with people. In this area where numerous restaurants, accommodation facilities, sightseeing spots and restaurants can be found, there stands a Japanese restaurant, which even local people can hardly find.
Help yourselves with copious amounts of Wagyu Yakiniku!
At the second food stop, you will be able to grill your own Wagyu with a custom made Shichirin (Japanese barbecue grill). You will be surprised how their wagyu(Japanese beef) is soft and melty.
For dessert, enjoy the atmosphere and taste of Japan at the cafe in Shinjuku
Once your stomach is full, have a dessert at a quiet cafe. Let's take a break with an artisan Gelato, in a cozy store in the middle of the bustling city of Shinjuku. Through this food tour, indulge in the taste of Japanese cuisines that are loved by the locals and enjoy with the new discoveries about Japanese food culture.
In front of Uniqlo Shinjuku Nishiguchi shop (Shinjuku West Exit Shop)See on google maps
- 3 minute walk from JR Shinjuku station West Exit
- A guide will be holding a sign saying "Magical Trip"
- Anyone can join this tour. (Friends, Family are welcome!)
- You do not need to pay for the guide's food and drinks
- Please bring some cash for your additional orders
- Only people 20 years or older can drink alcohol because of law in Japan
- This tour could possibly visit the place where smoking is not prohibited. please note that we may not be able to change the tour venues in this case.
- To ensure the best tour for everyone, we must start the tour on time.
- You will not be able to join the tour, get refund or rescheduled if you are late for the tour and missed the group.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the tour starting time.
- Free date/time rescheduling up to 24 hours before the tour starting time (depending on availability).