Kyoto Kimono Photography Tour in GionYour own photographer. A photogenic tour through the local and historical sides of Kyoto.
- 2.5 hour tour
- Small group tour
- English speaking guide
- Explore and discover some of the historical and photogenic spots of Kyoto with a local photographer / guide.
- Visit Gion and Kiyomizu Area and learn how to take beautiful photos.
- Enjoy wandering around the city, wearing a kimono.
- Keep the memories and get 20 edited photos of YOU taken during the tour.
- 20 edited photos during your tour around Gion District.
- Kimono Rental
- Exploring Gion District with a local guide / english-speaking photographer.
- Food or Drinks
Hi, I'm Shota. I was born and raised in this beautiful city, Kyoto.
As a travel enthusiast with a passion for photography / videography, I've been more than 20 countries for travel, but Kyoto is always my best travel destination.
Kyoto used to be the capital of Japan for more than 1,000 years (from 794 to 1,868)
Home to many cultural landmarks and historical sites, Kyoto is thought of as ""The Heart of Japan"", even though the emperor and the National Diet are located in Tokyo.
For most of Japan's history, Kyoto was the center not only of government but also of learning and the arts.
Kyoto remains an important cultural and educational centre having 20% of Japan’s National Treasures and 15% of Japan’s Important Cultural Properties.
A little exploration of the city will turn up countless reminders of Kyoto’s long history and rich culture.
Because I fell in love with Kyoto, I am still constantly finding locations in Kyoto where I can take incredible photos.
I am looking forward to taking photos of you to make your trip unforgettable.
Each photo has a story to tell, and it's my job to share that with you.
In this photo tour, we will visit photogenic locations such as Yasaka pagoda and Hanamikoji District where you can immerse yourself in local Japanese culture.
Also the guide will instruct you how to pose for photos.
Guests of all ages can join the tour!
- All ages can join this tour.
- No cameras required unless you want to take picturesque photos on your own! You can deposit your baggage at kimono rental shop.
- For the respect of other participants, please make sure to show up on time.
- Out of respect for other guests and to ensure the best tour for everyone, we must start the tour on time.
- You will not be able to join the tour, get refund or rescheduled if you are late for the tour and missed the group.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the tour starting time.
- Free date/time rescheduling up to 24 hours before the tour starting time (depending on availability).
- Local favorite foods and drinks
- Hidden spots all over Japan
- Meet 10 of our local guides
Not ready to book yet?
Save it for later
Travel planning is hard. Take your time :) Save this link just in case and come back when you make a decision.
Some decisions need to be done together.
Share this link and see what they think
Check our FAQ to clear up any doubts you might have.