Kyoto Zen Meditation & Garden Tour at a TempleIntroduction to Kyoto Zen Experience through meditation and Japanese garden★★★★★
- 2.5 hour tour
- Small group tour
- English speaking guide
We deployed some measures to ensure the safety of our customers and guides.Read more
- Get insights into how to practice zazen or Zen meditation from a local guide
- Experience Zen meditation with a monk in a temple
- Feel zen after meditation by visiting Japanese garden and zen temple
- Zen meditation Experience
- Temple & Garden admission fee
- Japanese tea
- Photos during a tour
- 2.5 hrs with a local guide
- Transportation fee
Although many Japanese are said to have no specific religion, actually the traits of Buddhism and Shinto are prevailed in our daily life. The concept of polytheism and the daily behavior such as bowing are part of it and deeply related to it. The religion peculiar to Japan is Shinto, however, Buddhism became our national religion after it was imported to Japan about 1500 years ago, and it has been blended into Shinto over time.
Zen is one of the sects of Buddhism, which is aimed for gaining a serenity of mind and finding your true-self by the way of Zen meditation. Also, all of the Japanese martial arts, such as a tea ceremony, Judo and calligraphy are stemmed from the spirit of Zen.
In recent years, it became widely known that Steve Jobs also loved the spirit of Zen Meditation and introduced its concept to his business and his company's design. Due to this, people overseas started to cast spotlight on Zen Meditation.
This is the reason I would like you to experience the spirit of Zen while you stay in Kyoto.
In this tour, you will not only learn the basics of Zen meditation, such as what Zen is about, but also experience Zen meditation. You will practice Zen meditation together with a Zen monk at the temple along with a local guide. Even if you are a beginner or have no knowledge of Zen, don't worry! You will be instructed how to do it by a monk and the guide will play an interpreter for you. So everybody is welcome! Zen is about seeking for simplicity.
Learning of Zen in Kyoko, which used to be the center of history and culture of Japan, may give you a new insight about your journey and life.
Let's enjoy the precious experience that you can not gain in any other place with a magical trip guide!
- Anyone over 12 years can join this tour
- Out of respect for other guests and to ensure the best tour for everyone, we must start the tour on time.
- You will not be able to join the tour, get refund or rescheduled if you are late for the tour and missed the group.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the tour starting time.
- Free date/time change up to 24 hours till the tour starting time (depending on availability).
- Local favorite foods and drinks
- Hidden spots all over Japan
- Meet 10 of our local guides
Not ready to book yet?
Save it for later
Travel planning is hard. Take your time :) Save this link just in case and come back when you make a decision.
Some decisions need to be done together.
Share this link and see what they think
Check our FAQ to clear up any doubts you might have.