Kyoto Arashiyama Bamboo forest & Garden Walk TourTravel deeper into Arashiyama's villa landscapes, beautiful Japanese garden, and bamboo forest with a local guide★★★★★
- 5 hour tour
- Small group tour
- English speaking guide
What makes this tour unique
- Visit Tenryu-Ji temple and its majestic garden once owned by aristocrats, officially recognized as a world heritage site by UNESCO.
- Make everlasting memories in the Kyoto's bamboo forest, with knowledge and insight from an Arashiyama insider.
- A traditional sho-jin style lunch at the UNESCO World Heritage, Tenryu-ji temple.
- Additional foods and drinks (Available for Purchase)
Check out YouTuber Tokidoki Traveller experiencing our tour
Tips and recommendations by our official guides
I have confidently created this Arashiyama walking tour because I feel it's such a pity that most of the tourists see the famous "Kyoto bamboo forest" only. I can say it loud, ARASHIYAMA OFFERS MUCH MORE THAN THE INSTAGRAMMABLE BAMBOO FOREST!
No wonder that the area is one of the most visited sites in Kyoto. But, let's all be real now. It is oftentimes too packed with tourists and their selfie sticks during the peak seasons. That's exactly why I believe having a tour with us is the best way to get around, learn, and experience the real Arashiyama because our certified guides will take you to the hidden route such as local beautiful Zen garden which is difficult for you to discover by yourself!
The tour starts from JR Saga-Arashiyama station. Unlike the normal and very crowded route to directly go to the bamboo forest, we will meet at the North Exit of the station and we will head to the local Japanese garden. By visiting this garden, I'm sure you will feel the calmness and beauty of Zen.
Our guides will explain how to enjoy Japanese garden and history with some interesting stories!
In addition to visiting beautiful garden and learning about the area, we will take you to a restaurant where we will eat local lunch! This restaurant is special because it offers you an amazing view of the Katsura river that is often missed by tourists!
At Magical Trip, we aim to provide a unique experience for each one of our beloved customers. Please do feel free to ask our local guides any questions about the tour and beyond :) We hope we can be friends because I personally believe the human connections are the most precious gift from which we can gain through traveling!
See you in Kyoto!
Immerse yourself in solitude in the mesmerizing nature of Arashiyama.
Our knowledgeable local guide will lead you to a hidden gem, a serene Japanese temple, and a picturesque garden that often eludes tourists' radars. We'll provide insights on appreciating Japanese garden aesthetics, drawing intriguing comparisons between Eastern and Western beauty. The morning ambiance is truly invigorating, allowing for a leisurely stroll through this enchanting area, with delightful stops at traditional shops along the way.
Visit the world famous, must-visit bamboo forest and Tenryu-ji, a UNESCO world heritage and immerse yourself in it's rich history.
Afterwards, We'll explore some of Arashiyama's renowned landmarks, including the iconic bamboo grove and the scenic Okawauchi Sanso garden, where we can relish a serene garden walk.
Have a local Kyoto lunch and visit UNESCO world heritage temples Tenryu-ji.
After taking photos in bamboo forest, Our next destination is the UNESCO World Heritage site, Tenryu-ji Temple, where we'll immerse ourselves in the tranquility and elegance of Zen. Inside the temple grounds, you'll discover a restaurant serving authentic Syo-jin cuisine, originally crafted for Buddhist monks, providing an opportunity to savor authentic Kyoto dishes.
North Exit of JR Saga-ArashiyamaSee on google maps
- A guide will be holding a orange signboard saying "Magical Trip Tour"
- All ages can join this tour.
- All of the entrance fees to temples included as well as local lunch.
- As we will enter buddhist and shintoist facilities, please make sure to wear respectful clothing.
- As this is a walking tour, please make sure you wear shoes with which you feel comfortable walking long distance
- You are welcome to bring your young children and baby on this tour, but if you would like to leave your children with a sitter, we can refer you to an outside sitter service, please contact us before booking.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the tour starting time.