Nishiki Market Breakfast Walking Food TourTaste Kyoto's best breakfast at Nishiki Market★★★★★
- 2 hour tour
- Small group tour
- English speaking guide
We deployed some measures to ensure the safety of our customers and guides.Read more
- Feel the crisp morning air and stroll around Kyoto's classic backstreets
- Enjoy a "one-of-a-kind" breakfast at Nishiki (Ichiba) Market which is also known as the "Kitchen of Kyoto"!
- Learn Kyoto's food culture by enjoying the authentic cuisine from a local tour guide
- 4~5 food samplings of various market delicacies!
- 2 hours with a local guide
- Photos during the tour
- Additional food and drinks (available for purchase)
In ancient times, Kyoto developed into a political city that played an important role in the long history of Japan.
Currently, Kyoto is a must-see spot for many tourists due to its tremendous number of architectural sites.
However, little is known that Kyoto has a long history of their cuisine.
You will be able to explore an exciting attraction of the city that features the "one-of-a-kind" breakfast experience at Kyoto Nishiki Market!
For over 400 years, Nishiki Market has been a much-loved staple for the locals.
Many still shop at this market every morning, and it's becoming popular among tourists.
Nishiki market is a must-visit place and you probably plan to visit there. But why should you join this tour?
1. Have the best breakfast loved by Kyoto locals - There are tons of shops on the street and it is not easy to pick foods. On the tour, we'll walk and sample the best local foods you must try in Nishiki market. You'll never miss true local foods cooked there.
The tour includes a couple of food samplings enough to fill your stomach in the morning.
2. Learn about the place and culture from locals - We don't just visit there. You'll get insights into Kyoto food culture and find a new charm and deepen your knowledge of the old capital. Also, your guide will give you some tips about what to do in Kyoto for your rest of your Kyoto trip!
We're sure that the tour will make your Osaka trip 10 times more memorable and enjoyable than visiting on your own!
Of course, vegans and vegetarians are also welcome. Children can join as well.
Kyoto-passionate local guides await for you to explore the beautiful market!
Stroll through Kyoto's classic district, Gion, before exploring Nishiki Market
Start out the tour by enjoying the fresh, morning air while walking through Gion. A local tour guide will take you around the serene and quaint morning town of Kyoto, which is a big contrast to the vibrant energy at night. After a healthy exercise from a little walk to stimulate your appetite, we will pay a visit to a shrine loved by locals.
Experience Kyoto's "one-of-a-kind" breakfast at Nishiki Market known as the "Kitchen of Kyoto."
**Nishiki market** has over 400 years worth of history which has been loved and recognized by locals as the "Kitchen of Kyoto" for a long time. According to the name, "Kitchen of Kyoto," it implies that Nishiki Market is rich with famous gourmet cuisine of Kyoto. You will have the opportunity to savor a "one of a kind" Japanese breakfast along with tasting four to five exquisite dishes selected by your local guide.
A passionate guide will teach you local stories about Kyoto food culture
A local and knowledgeable guide will provide you with valuable information that you cannot gain from an ordinary sightseeing tour. You can ask anything about the history or culture of Kyoto. All questions are welcome.
- All ages can join this tour
- You do not need to pay for the guide's food and drinks
- Please bring some cash for your additional orders
- Out of respect for other guests and to ensure the best tour for everyone, we must start the tour on time.
- You will not be able to join the tour, get refund or rescheduled if you are late for the tour and missed the group.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the tour starting time.
- Free date/time rescheduling up to 24 hours before the tour starting time (depending on availability).
- Local favorite foods and drinks
- Hidden spots all over Japan
- Meet 10 of our local guides
Not ready to book yet?
Save it for later
Travel planning is hard. Take your time :) Save this link just in case and come back when you make a decision.
Some decisions need to be done together.
Share this link and see what they think
Check our FAQ to clear up any doubts you might have.