- Experience deep izakaya culture in the backstreets of Kyoto that are normally hard to find for tourists at night
- Enjoy eating local food & drinks at lively bars and pubs in Ponto-cho, Gion areas
- Hop through 3 local Japanese bars and pubs with a friendly local food tour guide
- 3 hours with a local guide
- Japanese sake
- Hopping 3 local izakaya bars with a local guide
Hello. I'm Shoto.
Kyoto is a very special place in Japan where you can really feel the authentic and traditional Japan.
This is because Kyoto used to be the capital of Japan, and a lot of Japanese culture started here.
Just by walking around the streets, you can feel the ancient times of Japan.
This feeling gets even more magical at night when the izakaya lights go on, and local go out to enjoy some drinks and good food.
In our bar hopping tour, a friendly local guide will take you to three different izakaya bars. There we can eat and drink together like the locals do.
In the Pontocho area, there are many small pubs and bars offering various types of food and drinks. Each of these izakayas has a strong concept and atmosphere. At first bar, we can try tempura and matcha beer (of course there are more choices). At the second bar, we can enjoy traditional Kyoto vegetables and foods. And finally, we'll go to a standing bar and try many kinds of sake and alcohol.
Don't worry if you don't know what to eat and drink in the izakaya, our guide will help you order and explain everything!
Let's try local food and drinks that you can only try in Kyoto!
- Please note that there may be other participants
- You do not need to pay for the guide's food and drinks
- Please bring some cash for your drinks and food, as most bars don't accept credit cards
- Usually each izakaya bar costs around 1,000 - 2,000JPY ($8 - $20)
- Please note that most of the Izakaya bars have a cover charge of 300-500 JPY ($2-4) per person, which usually includes a small appetizer of the day called Otooshi
- You might need to order at least 1 food and 1 drink at the bar because it's the rule for some bars
- Only person over 20 years of age can drink alcohol because of law in Japan
- Out of respect for our other guests and to ensure the best tour for everyone, we must start the tour on time. Please note that you may need to join the tour from the second/third bar if you are being too late for the tour.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the tour starting time.
- Free date/time change up to 3 hours till the tour starting time.
- Cancellation after the starting time or no show, we offer no refund or date/time change.
- Please contact us as soon as possible if you know you will be late. We will start the tour on time. If you are able to contact us within 30 minutes after tour starting time we'll try to see if you can still join the tour.
- Being late for more than 30 minutes without contacting us will be regarded as a cancellation without any refund.
- Make a payment on the next page
- You can check its availability in the calendar and will receive a booking email after booking