Kyoto Tea Ceremony & Kiyomizu-dera Temple Walking TourExperience a traditional tea ceremony and walk around one of the World Heritage sites in Japan's old capital★★★★★
- 3 hour tour
- Small group tour
- English speaking guide
What makes this tour unique
- An all-inclusive tour through the ancient towns of Kyoto, with an authentic tea ceremony experience.
- Gain knowledge on Japanese religious culture such as praying methods at Kiyomizu-dera temple.
- An exclusive tasting tour where you can sample local produce and products such as pickles and sweets.
- Kiyomizu-dera Temple entrance fee
- Tea ceremony experience
- 2-3 food samplings (Vegan menu available)
- 3 hours with a local guide
- Photos during the tour
Tips and recommendations by our official guides
Hello guys! My name is Shin, and I love to travel.
Because of my homestay experience in Australia, I am addicted to traveling to places I've never been and experience things unique to each site.
Kyoto is one of my favorite cities. If you visit Kyoto, I created this tour to help you enjoy many Kyoto-specific experiences. We can feel the cultural and historic atmosphere through traditional shrines, temples, food, landscape and so on. Kiyomizuzaka has a lot of narrow streets which makes sightseeing difficult, but don't worry!
Your local guide will take you exactly where you should be to experience Kyoto's atmosphere, including traditional Japanese sundries shops, old teashops, sweets shops, and if you are lucky, you could see Maiko and Geisha.
In this walking tour, we will be able to visit the Jishu Shrine which is located inside the Kiyomizu-dera Temple. The Jishu Shrine is dedicated to the deity of love and matchmaking. When we're visiting the Kiyomizu-dera Temple and Jishu Shrine, our guide will teach you and let you experience the Japanese way of worshipping the gods.
Also, we can't miss Kyoto's tea ceremony. Kyoto is where the tea ceremony was born and remains its spiritual heart. We'd be so happy to try the most calming cup of tea with you because Kyoto is the best place to try it.
We hope that everyone will feel so welcome on this tour.
If this is your first visit to Kyoto, we'll show you many interesting sites. For those of you who have previously visited Kyoto, you will learn even more about the city from the locals and visit more places that they recommend.
Throughout the tour, we would love to answer any questions at any time, and we're always thrilled to share our local stories with you.
We are so looking forward to meeting you!
Let's have a great experience and fun together, just like hanging out with friends.
Discover Kyoto's special streets (Kiyomizu-zaka) with their quaint atmosphere, as if you had time-slipped into ancient times
Kiyomizuzaka is the name of an area that is composed of several streets with a traditional feel of Kyoto. There are old teashops, Japanese sweets shops, and traditional Japanese sundried food shops lining the streets as the Maiko and Geisha walk the streets gracefully. Our tour guide will take you to this area and show you around to take in the traditional and unique Kyoto atmosphere. In the area of Kiyomizuzaka, we also take you to the most colorful temple in Kyoto called Yasakakoshindo. This temple has an unique way of worship. Worshippers write their wish on a colorful ball and hang them on the temple. This is what makes the temple so vibrant. Let's enjoy strolling down the picturesque streets.
A variety of local street foods will take you to Kiyomizu-Dera, a beautiful place rich with history
After that, we'll hop onto several eateries on the streets and enjoy local snacks and foods there! Your guide will recommend foods you must try. We'll then visit the Kiyomizu-dera Temple. Kiyomizu-dera Temple (清水寺, "Pure Water Temple") is one of the most famous temples in Japan. It was made on the site of Otowa Waterfall about 1,200 years ago, and its name derives from the waterfall's pure water. There, we'll take you to the wooden stage (13 meters above the ground) of Kiyomizu-dera Temple, which is one of the best spots to see an amazing view of numerous cherry and maple trees as well as the city of Kyoto in the distance. We'll also visit Otowa Waterfall, which brings you good luck. The water is divided into three separate streams and each stream has a different benefit. You can choose one of them by using a cup attached to a long pole and drink the water to bring the luck. Let's try the Japanese way of worshipping together.
Lead yourself into a world of an elegant and peaceful Tea Ceremony
Enjoy traditional-style tea ceremony with Japanese sweets in a sophisticated room surrounded by tea utensils such as a tea whisk made of bamboo and unique tea bowls. Kyoto remains the center of Japanese tea ceremonies offering an opportunity for guests to make powdered green tea on their own. We offer you a chance to learn Japanese words and history related to the tea ceremony as well as the steps in making traditional matcha. Don't miss this extravagent opportunity to experience the authenticity of the tea ceremony.
In front of the statue of Yasaka ShrineSee on google maps
- A guide will be holding a board saying "MagicalTrip"
- All ages can join this tour
- Please bring some cash with you for additional food, drinks and souvenirs.
- For the respect of other participants, please make sure to show up on time.
- It is possible that there will be line-ups for Otowa Waterfall.
- Out of respect for other guests and to ensure the best tour for everyone, we must start the tour on time.
- You will not be able to join the tour, get refund or rescheduled if you are late for the tour and missed the group.
- You are welcome to bring your young children and baby on this tour, but if you would like to leave your children with a sitter, we can refer you to an outside sitter service, please contact us before booking.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the tour starting time.
- Free date/time rescheduling up to 24 hours before the tour starting time (depending on availability).