Edo & Bonsai Spritual TourTravel with a local guide through parts of Tokyo that evoke the romance of the Edo period
- 5.5 hour tour
- Small group tour
- English speaking guide
We deployed some measures to ensure the safety of our customers and guides.Read more
- A half day adventure on foot and by bus which explores significant cultural locations from the Edo Period.
- Enjoy Kuzu-Mochi (a traditional Japanese snack) and experience a famous shrine in the classic town of Kameido.
- An unobstructed view across the town from Tower Hall Funabori’s observation deck.
- Create your own Bonsai, a Japanese gardening experience.
- Bonsai Experience
- Transportation fee *Please note that guests are required to purchase a 1-day pass (around 700 yen)
- Can't bring your bonsai home (due to exporting issues..)
This tour is brought to you by MagicalTrip and Toei Transportation, a government-led organization that runs transportation infrastructure in the city of Tokyo.
This tour will feature Toei's very own public transit systems such as Toei subways and buses, which will take you to local places!
All guests will be required to purchase a 1-Day Transport Pass, but not to worry! Your local guide will assist you. Please note that each pass will cost 700 yen, and is not included in the tour cost.
In this tour, we will be visiting the classic town of Kameido! This town is known for its deep roots of Edo-period culture, and it still retains some of its classical feats, including snacks and cultural craftsmanship.
Edogawa still retains most of its charms, including my favorite, the Bonsai Museum. Bonsai is a type of gardening where an individual cuts their own small tree to their liking, and people compare their trees with one another based on shape and form.
It is unlike anything you have seen in Japanese culture!
Stroll through Kameido Shrine
Kameido Shrine is home to one of Tokyo's largest shrine complex. After walking around, you will get to taste some Kuzu-Mochi!
A Spectacular View
Up an observatory, you will have a spectacular view of Tokyo, where your local guide will make comparisons to modern Tokyo, and that of the Edo period.
Bonsai experience - A Classic Japanese Culture
The Bonsai is truly a unique, and interesting piece of Japanese culture. Here at the Bonsai Museum, you will get to create your own!
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the tour starting time.
- Free date/time rescheduling up to 24 hours before the tour starting time (depending on availability).
- Local favorite foods and drinks
- Hidden spots all over Japan
- Meet 10 of our local guides
Not ready to book yet?
Save it for later
Travel planning is hard. Take your time :) Save this link just in case and come back when you make a decision.
Some decisions need to be done together.
Share this link and see what they think
Check our FAQ to clear up any doubts you might have.