Kamakura Old Capital Walking Tour with the Great BuddhaTime-slip back into the old Japanese capital of Kamakura and meet the Great Buddha!★★★★★
- 4.5 hour tour
- Small group tour
- English speaking guide
We deployed some measures to ensure the safety of our customers and guides.Read more
- Try out some local Japanese sweets on Komachi street to kick off the tour!
- Venture through Kamakura's historical shrines and temples and meet the Great Buddha!
- Check out Hasedera Temple, with it's beautiful scenic views of the coastline and hidden little cave!
- Have a delicious and healthy lunch at Hasedera Temple restaurant!
- Dango treat (up to 300 Yen) and lunch at the Hasedera Temple restaurant!
- Entrance to the Great Buddha and Hasedera Temple
- Tour photos
- 4.5 hours with a local guide
- Additional foods and drinks (Available for purchase)
- Transportation fee (400 yen)
Kamakura is a popular day trip outside of Tokyo. Why? Because you can see historical shrines, temples, the Great Buddha, beautiful mountains, and a bustling town filled with culture, all within an hour from Tokyo.
Kamakura was the political center of medieval Japan, and now, the city is filled with endless traditional features and is surrounded by beautiful mountains, making it the perfect destination to escape from the hype and crowds of Tokyo.
During this tour, you'll explore Kamakura's must-see spots within 4 and half hours with our friendly local guide: Japanese sweets in the lively shopping street while learning about its history, insight into manners at Japanese shrines, meet and even enter inside of the Great Buddha and awesome photo opportunities in nature. The tour even includes a delicious and healthy vegan friendly lunch in Hasedera temples cooked by monks!
The local guide will share other recommended spots around Kamakura during the tour, so check them out if your time allows!
This is a small-group tour of up to 8 people, so any travelers (solo, couples, families with kids) are welcome! One of the best parts of our tours is sharing your trip plans and experiences with locals and other travelers during the tour! Of course, you'll get to hear the REAL voices of local guides, who will recommend where to go and will talk about the interesting, local lifestyle that you can't find in guide books.
Explore Kamakura with us! You're sure to see a different side of Japan!
The tour kicks off with Japanese sweet tasting on the lively shopping street, Komachi-dori!
After trying out a traditional Japanese snack on Komachi-dori, go on to explore Kamakura's history and unique culture along with your friendly local guide. Venture into Kamakura's beautiful temples and shrines before having a delicious super healthy lunch in Hasedera Temple. After this visit the Great Buddha of Kamakura, before finishing the tour off on Yuigahama Beach!
Stroll the historical shrines and temples in the nature of Kamakura
Gain insight into how to make the most out of visiting Japanese shrines and temples and enjoy a delicious and healthy lunch at the temple restaurant!
Great photo-snapping locations and meeting with the Great Buddha!
Check out Hasedera Temple, with it's beautiful scenic views of the coastline and hidden little cave before going on to greet the Great Buddha! We'll take a lot of photos. I'm sure that they'll look great on your instagram!
- All ages can join this tour.
- You do not need to pay for the guide's food and drinks.
- Out of respect for other guests and to ensure the best tour for everyone, we must start the tour on time.
- You will not be able to join the tour, get refund or rescheduled if you are late for the tour and missed the group.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the tour starting time.
- Free date/time change up to 24 hours till the tour starting time (depending on availability).
- Local favorite foods and drinks
- Hidden spots all over Japan
- Meet 10 of our local guides
Not ready to book yet?
Save it for later
Travel planning is hard. Take your time :) Save this link just in case and come back when you make a decision.
Some decisions need to be done together.
Share this link and see what they think
Check our FAQ to clear up any doubts you might have.