Shibuya Bar Hopping Night Tour in TokyoTaste all kinds of Japanese meat in the lively nightlife district of Tokyo★★★★★
- 3 hour tour
- Small group tour
- English speaking guide
What makes this tour unique
- Go into the deep indoor food alley of Tokyo's coolest nightlife area with a friendly tour guide
- All-in-one bar hopping tour. Drinks & Foods are included so you can come to the tour empty-handed!
- Pub crawl through 3 hidden izakaya bars & pubs
- Experience Shibuya's urban night culture by sharing a table with the locals
- Try local drinks and food that locals get at night.
Tips and recommendations by our official guides
If you are staying a hotel in Shibuya, this bar tour is a must!
Shibuya is one of the most popular districts in Japan. It is especially famous for the Shibuya crossing handling 2 million people everyday. And of course, no one comes to Tokyo without taking a picture with the famous Hachiko statue for the gram.
Most tourists go to Shibuya during the day. We're here to show you how Shibuya is by night.
The Hachiko statue is the meeting point where hundreds of people wait for their friends and dates, before enjoying the fun night of Shibuya.
On the night of the Shibuya bar hopping night tour, our friendly local tour guide will wait for you right outside of Shibuya station, like a real local! You will then pub crawl to 3 unknown Japanese Izakaya style bars with a guide: one of them is located in a hidden meat alley and the other ones are in Dogenzaka area. The hidden meat alley is one of highlights of this tour!
Many tiny pubs and bars offering various types of food and drinks hide in a building in this alley. Unlike other food alleys, this alley's festive atmosphere occupies a whole floor in a huge building that hosts many types of local bars and pubs!
Each restaurant has a different style of meat presentation and preparation.
MagicalTrip carefully handpicked the best food & drinks combos, enough for a full dinner meal.
You can select from various types (over 30) of recommended foods and drinks like teppanyaki, meat-sushi, Japanese steak, sake, Japanese whiskey, beer and more! Of course, there are vegetarian menus, so no need to worry.
This is an All-in-one bar tour. Drinks & Foods are included so you can come to the tour empty-handed!
You can order the foods you like based on the tour guide's explanation and recommendation in each Izakaya bar, so don't worry even if you are a vegetarian or have food allergies.
We offer food & drinks at a special price much cheaper than the actual price!
We have another pub crawl bar hopping tour in Shinjuku (Tokyo Bar Hopping in Shinjuku) that helps you navigate through other food alleys with a different atmosphere and different dishes on the menu (Yakitori, various types of Sake, etc). So if you like the Shibuya bar hopping tour, why not try Tokyo Bar Hopping in Shinjuku as well?
Let's try local foods and drinks that you can only experience in Shibuya!
Start Shibuya bar hopping Tour with Japanese Beer! Cheers with our tour guide!
Our journey kicks off at the iconic Shibuya Crossing, known as the world's busiest pedestrian crossing. It's likely you've seen it in movies or music videos. Capture the classic shot of the bustling crowd and Shibuya's illuminated skyline as your backdrop. Next, we'll navigate the vibrant Shibuya nightlife streets to our first bar. Here, savor Japanese beer and relish local grilled dishes, immersing yourself in the heart of Tokyo's nightlife scene.
Pub Crawl into Shibuya's Hidden Meat Alley and Discover a City within a City!
The second bar is easy to miss if you don't know where you're going! This "street" is indoors, and is called a yokocho (alleyway). It's located in a building on the main street of Shibuya and has over 30 izakaya bars (Japanese style bars) that serve various types of Japanese food and drinks. We'll also encounter lots of local people relaxing after work when bars normally get crowded, so it can be difficult to find seats. But not to worry, we'll reserve some good seats for you. The bars are tiny, people are drinking, and their spirits are high. Expect lots of interactions with the locals!
Wagyu(Japanese beef), Sushi and a Taste of Japanese Sake to Enjoy the best of this Shibuya Bar Hopping Tour of Tokyo!
On this tour, we'll crawl through our favorite Izakaya bars in the meat alley that specializes in Japanese beef and sake. You can select 4 drinks & 3 dishes, enough for a full dinner meal from our recommended dishes and drinks at the bar! This is an All-in-one bar tour. All drinks & foods are included so you can come to the tour empty-handed! You can taste various types of Japanese meat: the famous wagyu, the melts-in-your-mouth Kobe beef, or try some fresh beef sushi while you sip on a good cup of Japanese sake or other Japanese drinks. Vegetarian menus are also available! Make the most out of the authentic Tokyo nightlife with our local guide and fellow guests!
In front of Shibuya Tsutaya shop(same building as Starbucks)
- 3 minutes walk from JR Shibuya station Hachiko Exit
- Your guide will be holding a red/orange sign saying "Magical Trip"
- Meeting Place: In front of Shibuya Tsutaya shop near Hachiko Exit of Shibuya station (same building as Starbucks)
- A bar around Shibuya station
- Food Alley in Shibuya (2 bars)
- Return to Shibuya Station (You can stay at the last bar if you like)
- The restaurant industry faces difficulty in hiring restaurant staff and training them due to many restaurant staff having to quit or having gotten laid off during the Covid-19 pandemic. Therefore, food and drinks at some restaurants may be served late and the tour might last longer than originally scheduled. We kindly ask for your understanding
- Because most Japanese restaurants are not fully ready for providing vegetarian menus, limited choices of vegetarian foods in our tour is available.
- Anyone over 15 years old can join this tour but by Japanese law, only those who are 20 years or older are allowed to drink alcohol.
- You do not need to pay for the guide's food and drinks.
- This tour could possibly take you to places where smoking is not prohibited. Please note that we may not be able to change the tour venues in this case.
- Out of respect for our other guests and to ensure the best tour for everyone, we must start the tour on time.
- You will not be able to join the tour, get a refund or reschedule if you are late for the tour and miss the group.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the tour starting time.
- Free date/time rescheduling up to 24 hours before the tour starting time (depending on availability).
We are going to be visiting three bars
Anyone over 15 years old can join this tour but only those who are 20 years or older are allowed to drink alcohol by Japanese law.
If you don't drink alcohol, we also offer soft drinks that you can choose from our menu.
Vegetarian food is available. You get to choose food from various choices at each bar.
No, you don't. Your guide pays on their own and enjoy with all guests!
If you don't eat fish or other seafood, you don't need to worry. We offer a variety of food in our menu to choose from. We try to balance between meat, fish, and vegetarian options so you always can enjoy eating at every bar. Please remember to put that in your booking comments so that our guide can be well-prepared for it.
Besides the tour is taken place in Shinjuku, in the Tokyo Bar Hopping in Shinjuku, we hop on to different styles of food alleys and izakaya bars with the different atmosphere!
If you have two nights in Tokyo, why don't you join both?
Please visit Help Center for general inquiries.
Photos from the Recent Tours
Check out YouTuber Eatyourkimchi Studio experiencing our tour