Akihabara Anime & Gaming Adventure TourClassic games, friendly maids and the anime world all await you!★★★★★
- 3 hour tour
- Small group tour
- English speaking guide
What makes this tour unique
- Visit stores and game centers to fulfill your gaming fantasies -- encounter classic and the lastest game culture.
- Experience an authentic Japanese maid cafe with guaranteed seating at Akihabara's most popular maid cafe.
- Take part in a variety of Akihabara activities, ALL INCLUDED
- Akidearest's recommended anime place Map
- Entrance fee of the maid cafe
- One drink at the maid cafe (Vegan menu available)
- Polaroid photo shooting with a maid
- Japanese photo booth experience (Purikura)
- 3 hours with a local guide
Check out YouTuber Akidearest experiencing our tour
Tips and recommendations by our official guides
Thanks for your interest in this tour!
I read lots of anime magazines describing Akihabara as "paradise for otaku people" and was really dreaming about going there one day. When I started living in Japan, I was finally able to go to Akihabara, expecting a subculture world outside of the station. However, the reality is that all those famous spots are a bit far from the station, and it was very hard for me to find stores that sell anime goods or choose a good maid cafe. So I create this tour for anime & game lovers who would like to explore Akihabara without getting lost or spending too much time finding the way by themselves.
What travelers treasure the most during the trip is time. To make the full use of every minute, getting a guide is a great way to avoid all those time wasted on getting lost in the street. Especially in Akihabara where there are tons of travelers just going there and purchasing electric products around station, you cannot expect all the fun subcultural spots to be set around station. If you are a game or anime lover, you may get disappointed by finding it so hard to reach all the fun spots like I used to experience. Joining a tour will save you a lot of time and energy for a better traveling experience!
This tour is not only suitable for game or anime lovers, also for those who are just curious to know Akihabara culture! In these three hours you can explore almost all geek world in Akihabara including retro game stores, anime goods stores, game center, and maid cafe.
Solo travelers, friends, couples and family, all are welcome!
Although not all of our guides are mania for anime or games, they all have passion to help foreign travelers to feel the real Japan and give you traveling tips versus tourist traps!
We are looking forward to seeing you soon!
Jump into the world of old school video games in Akihabara
The first stop of the Akihabara tour is a retro video game store that is considered as a treasure trove for game lovers, especially for those who grew up experiencing the rise of Japanese video game industry. Here you can listen to the 8-bit video game keyboard music that you can hardly find anywhere else! Your guide will help you find and buy all the old fashion video game machines and disks. While the world is chasing after new games, it is also a good idea to look back these old time games that brings back the charm of our childhood memories.
Get spell casted by cute Japanese maids in a special maid cafe.
Speaking of Akihabara culture, a maid cafe is what you cannot miss out on while you're in Tokyo. In this tour we go to a popular maid cafe among locals where you can hang out with cute maids, get spells casted on your food, and take photos! If you order omelet or hot latte, they will draw cute illustrations on it with ketchup / chocolate sauce!
Enjoy a wide array of interactive Akihabara style entertainment such as anime cosplay, from a local's perspective.
You can enjoy wandering around huge anime stores with hundreds of figures and cosplay goods. There are lots of places that travelers feel awkward to go by themselves however with a guide, you can fully enjoy every single stop like a local!
In front of Ticket Office right outside of Electric Town Gate of JR Akihabara stationSee on google maps
- Your guide will be holding a red/orange sign saying "MagicalTrip"
- All ages can join this tour.
- You do not need to pay for guide's food and drinks.
- Out of respect for other guests and to ensure the best tour for everyone, we must start the tour on time.
- Please note that a maid cafe we are visiting may vary depending on the situation.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the tour starting time.
- Free date/time change up to 24 hours till the tour starting time (depending on availability).
- Being late for more than 5 minutes without contacting us will be regarded as a cancellation without any refund.