[Tokyo Skytree Town] Watch Sumo Wrestler's Morning Practice in OshiageWatch real sumo morning training with a local guide★★★★★
- 2 hour tour
- Small group tour
- English speaking guide
What makes this tour unique
- Watch the Sumo wrestler's morning practice at a Sumo Stable.
- A Japanese guide will take you through to the "World of Sumo"!
Tips and recommendations by our official guides
Most Japanese people watch Sumo either on TV or at the Sumo Stadium. Finding a Japanese person who has witnessed a Sumo wrestler's morning training is quite rare!
With this tour, you'll have the unique opportunity to observe their rigorous training up close. The intensity and dedication of their morning practice will likely leave you both overwhelmed and amazed. If you're fortunate, Sumo wrestlers may even agree to take photos with you after their session.
Even if you haven't seen a live Sumo match, witnessing their training will provide valuable insight into the world of Sumo. We'll delve deeper into the fascinating traditions and daily lives of Sumo wrestlers.
We eagerly look forward to welcoming you on this tour!
Watch the Sumo morning training at a Sumo table in Tokyo
Did you know that the Sumo wrestlers' day starts very early?
The timing of the morning training varies based on a Sumo wrestler's rank and skill level. For those at higher ranks, training typically commences around 8 am, while others might start as early as 6 am. When attending a Sumo match in a stadium, securing a seat close to the ring can be quite challenging. However, this tour offers a distinct advantage: the opportunity to observe their training from an intimate distance. You'll likely be astounded by their stature and the dynamic nature of the training. Following the session, there's a possibility—depending on the wrestlers' conditions and circumstances—to engage in conversation or even capture photos with them. Please note, however, that such interactions are not guaranteed.
A local tour guide will take you to the "World of Sumo"
How familiar are you with Sumo? Are you acquainted with the rules of a Sumo match or the dietary habits of the wrestlers that help them attain their size? No need for concern! A local tour guide will accompany you throughout the tour, providing deep insights into the world of Sumo. Using cards and interactive quizzes, we'll address any queries you may have about Sumo. Feel free to ask questions at any point during the tour!
Out of respect for the sumo stable, please agree with the following
・No talking during the practice
・Don't bring any food and drinks inside
・Cellphone/smartphone should be on silent mode
・No filming inside (taking photos is OK)
・When taking photos, don't move your position, don't use flash and make sure there are no shutter sounds.
・Once you leave, you are not allowed to reenter. If you want to leave during the practice please do while on break time quickly and quietly
・Avoid wearing revealing clothes
In front of Oshiage Taxi stop on the ground in front of Exit B3 in Oshiage station.
- Please note that the meeting place is on the ground (Exit B3). From the meeting spot, you can see Skytree and the sign of Uniqlo, LIFE, and Sizzler.
- The guide will be holding a red/orange sign saying "Magical Trip"
- Meet up
- Learn about Sumo from the guide
- Watching sumo practice
- Due to the global spread of the coronavirus, if you display symptoms such as sneezing or coughing, you may be denied entry into the sumo stable to safeguard the wrestlers' health.
- Please be informed that sumo stables have the discretion to adjust their schedules, sometimes on short notice, based on tournament schedules and wrestlers' conditions. Consequently, there's a possibility that the tour might be canceled due to unforeseen changes or practice cancellations by the sumo stables. Should this occur, we will promptly provide a full refund for your booking.
- Kindly note that this experience is restricted to individuals aged 12 years and above; those younger than 12 years cannot enter the sumo stable.
- Most sumo stables typically require guests to sit on the floor as they don't provide chairs. Additionally, sumo stables retain the right to decline entry to guests who violate their rules. In such instances, refunds will not be issued.
- Permission to photograph sumo wrestlers or take pictures with them rests solely with the sumo stables. Be prepared for the possibility that you might not be allowed to capture photos due to decisions made by the stables.
- If the group size is substantial, it may be divided, with each subgroup visiting different stables.
- Participants might not have access to restroom facilities during the practice session, so please ensure you use the restroom before the tour commences.
- Lastly, the duration of the sumo practice can sometimes extend beyond the estimated time, potentially causing the tour to conclude later than expected.
- Out of respect for other guests and to ensure the best tour for everyone, we must start the tour on time.
- You will not be able to join the tour, get a refund or reschedule if you are late for the tour and miss the group.
- We might sometime ask you to change the time/date depending on the availability of the Sumo morning practice schedule.
- For a full refund, cancel 72 hours in advance of the tour date.
- Free rescheduling up to 72 hours before the tour date (depending on availability).
There are two possible reasons:
1. Because all dates are fully booked. This tour is really popular and likely to be full early in advance.
2. Because the future tour dates have not been decided yet. This tour is taken place irregularly due to schedule of sumo stables.
Yes! we have another Sumo Practice tour. Find out more info here
Yes, the tour ends at the meeting place.
Yes, you may. In that case, Please tell you guide before you leave.
Yes! we offer Sumo Tour with premimum Sumo tournament ticket in Tokyo! Check this out!
Please visit Help Center for general inquiries.