3-Hour Tokyo city Highlights Sunset Bike TourCycle your way through the neighborhoods of Asakusa, Skytree, Ueno, and Akihabara area in 3 hours★★★★★
- 3 hour tour
- Small group tour
- English speaking guide
What makes this tour unique
- Enjoy cycling around Eastern Tokyo, where traditional cultures are still thriving. Cycle to must-visit spots in 3 hours, including the Skytree, Asakusa, Ueno, and Akihabara. Witness the local way of life in Japan by pedaling through the lively streets of Tokyo. The total distance is 12 km, suitable for all riders. Bike insurance and water are included, so you can join the tour empty-handed.
Tips and recommendations by our official guides
This 3-hourTokyo Old-Town Bike Tour gives you a fascinating first-hand look at Tokyo's coolest local neighborhoods,
its incredible history, legendary social movements, and Japanese-style architecture.
You'll come away with lasting memories, new discoveries, and magical photos.
On this tour, we'll take a pedal through some of Tokyo's old and historical towns as well as the neighborhoods of Asakusa, Ueno, and Akihabara.
This 3 hour sightseeing tour on a hybrid bike will take you through beautiful rivers, parks, backstreets, and temples in Tokyo.
This is a bike tour for any travelers over 15 years old. We cycle 12 km, drop by several spots, and explore the neighborhoods on foot. A hybrid bike is easy to ride so don't worry even if you are a beginner!
Additionally, a bottle of water and bike insurance are included, so you can come to the tour empty-handed.
Come join our Tokyo bike tour and explore more city gems in the historical areas of Tokyo!
We have another bike tour in Tokyo named "Tokyo & Edo Hidden Gem Bike Tour with Lunch to Asakusa, Ryogoku, and Fukagawa areat" which have a different route and places to visit. If you are interested in our bike tours, check out the other one as well!
Check the videos and the cycling map below to get more ideas about how this one is like!
Start this Tokyo Bike Tour and Ride a bike to the bottom of the Skytree!
We'll meet at Asakusabashi station, where a local guide will explain the traffic rules of Japanese roads. Then, we'll start cycling towards the Asakusa area. First, we'll ride to the company called "BANDAI." This company is famous for many popular Japanese anime such as Dragon Ball, Doraemon, Anpanman, etc., and there are statues of them. Let's take a picture with them! After that, we'll head to the Kaminarimon Gate of Senso-ji, the oldest temple in Tokyo. Following that, we'll ride across a bridge to the base of the Skytree, the tallest radio tower in the world.
We will visit a shrine, famous for a lucky cat, to learn how to worship at shinto shrine.and then, we move to the Ueno areas.
After visiting the Sky Tree, we'll cross the bridge overlooking the Sumida River to a shrine famous for its beckoning cat. There, we will learn about Japanese shrine worship before heading to the Ueno area. On the east side of Tokyo, there are many local streets where you can experience the good old days, so we'll cycle through shopping streets and public bathhouses to catch a glimpse of Japanese life.
Enjoy the close but different town atmosphere in Ueno and Akihabara
The cities of Tokyo are closely situated, yet each possesses distinct characteristics. Asakusa has long been a bustling tourist destination and cultural center, Sky Tree stands tall as the world's tallest radio tower, Ueno is a popular Asian neighborhood and drinking district, and Akihabara is a town beloved by anime and game enthusiasts. Experience the highlights of these diverse cities in a 3-hour bicycle tour.
Asakusabashi Station Exit A3 (Toei- Asakusa Line)
- You will see a guide waiting outside of the Exit A3
- All levels are welcome.
- Anyone over 150cm ( 4′11″)tall can join this tour.
- The tour may get cancelled in case of unsuitable weather due to safety reasons.
- Please wear comfortable clothes and shoes for cycling.
- You cannot leave your luggage at the rental bike office during the tour. Please do not bring your luggage with you, or alternatively, store them in lockers before the tour.
- Itinerary order is subject to change depending on traffic, weather, and operation
- If any place is closed, we will try alternative places
- Please note that there might be other participants
- Out of respect for other guests and to ensure the best tour for everyone, we must start the tour on time.
- You will not be able to join the tour, get a refund or reschedule if you are late for the tour and miss the group.
- We recommend obtaining travel insurance on your own before participating.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the tour starting time.
- Free date/time change up to 24 hours till the tour starting time (depending on availability).
- The tour would be cancel If there is a 40% or more of rain probability. (In case of cancellation we will send a message one day before the tour)
Anyone over 150cm ( 4′11″)tall can join this tour because of the size of bicycles.
The tour would be cancel if there is a 40% or more of rain probability. In case of cancellation because of bad weather we will send you a message one day before the tour; we might propose you to reschedule the tour to the closest available day (depending on availability).
If it is cancelled by bad weather, you get full refund.
Photos from the Recent Tours