Tokyo Sumo Morning Practice TourWatch real sumo morning training with a local★★★★★
- 2 hour tour
- Small group tour
- English speaking guide
- Watch the Sumo wrestler's morning practice at a Sumo Stable.
- A Japanese guide will take you through to the "World of Sumo"!
- Entrance fee of Sumo morning practice
- Tour photos
- 2 hours with a local guide
Most Japanese people watch Sumo either on TV or at the Sumo Stadium. It is very difficult to find a Japanese who have watched the Sumo-wrestler's morning training!!
So, this tour will welcome you to a very special and unique experience to watch their training from a very close distance!! I'm sure you will be overwhelmed and surprised to see the intensity of their morning practice.
If you are luckly, Sumo wrestlers will take photos with you after the practice.
Even if you miss to see a Sumo match, this experience of watching their training will give you an idea of how the Sumo competition is like and what a Sumo-wrestler's day is like. We will explain more to you about the very interesting Sumo world.
We hope to see you all in this tour!!
- Due to the situation of the worldwide spread of coronavirus, you may not be allowed to enter the sumo stable if you look sick with either sneezing or coughing to protect the wrestlers’ health condition.
- As Sumo stables has the right to adjust their schedule in the last minute based on their tournament schedule and wrestlers' condition, please note that there is the possibility to cancel the tour due to the sudden change or cancellation of the practice by sumo stables. In that case, we will fully refund your booking shortly.
- You do not need to pay for Sumo morning practice entrance fee.
- Available for those who are only over 12 years old since those who are younger than 12 years old are not allowed inside the sumo morning practice.
- Please be aware that guests may have to sit on the floor as most of stables do not usually offer chairs.
- The sumo stable has the right to refuse guests who offend the rules of the stable and in this case, we will not be able to refund.
- Sumo stables decide if the audiences are allowed to take the photos of sumo wrestlers or the photos with sumo wrestlers. Please note that there is the possibility that you cannot take those photos in the case the sumo stables rejected for whatever reasons.
- In the case that the group is large, the group may be split into the different groups and each may visit different stables.
- You may not be allowed to go to the toilet during the practice, so please make sure to go to toilet before the tour starts.
- The duration of sumo practice may prolong sometimes, which may cause the tour end later than the estimated time.
- Out of respect for other guests and to ensure the best tour for everyone, we must start the tour on time.
- You will not be able to join the tour, get refund or rescheduled if you are late for the tour and missed the group.
- We might sometime ask you to change the time/date depending on the availability of the Sumo morning practice schedule.
- For a full refund, cancel 72 hours in advance of the tour date.
- Free rescheduling up to 72 hours before the tour date (depending on availability).
- Local favorite foods and drinks
- Hidden spots all over Japan
- Meet 10 of our local guides
Not ready to book yet?
Save it for later
Travel planning is hard. Take your time :) Save this link just in case and come back when you make a decision.
Some decisions need to be done together.
Share this link and see what they think
Check our FAQ to clear up any doubts you might have.