Kyoto Historical Highlights Bike Tour with the Golden PavilionCycle through historical Kyoto and visit it's beautiful temples and shrines; including the Golden Pavilion!★★★★★
- 3.5 hour tour
- Small group tour
- English speaking guide
We deployed some measures to ensure the safety of our customers and guides.Read more
- Everything is included. Don't worry about renting a bike. We got you covered.
- Bike around beautiful historical sites and visit the glorious Golden Pavilion!
- Enjoy a quintessential local Kyoto lunch at a traditional Japanese tea house.
- Cycle around hidden areas and learn the history of this great city.
- Rental bike
- 3.5 hours with a local guide
- Entrance fee to the Golden Pavilion (Kinkakuji)
- Tour photos
- Local Kyoto lunch at Japanese tea house (Vegan menu available)
- Helmet (if you need)
- Bike lock
- One bottle of water
- Additional drinks and food fee (Available for purchase)
This bike tour was made and loved by our local and knowledgeable tour guides! Ask anyone local here and they'd tell you that cycling is the best way to get around this beautiful city.
Although most tourists use buses to get around the city, buses are usually very packed and won't let you experience Kyoto's vibrant culture and lifestyle to the fullest. By cycling with us, we can skip the lines, avoid the crowds, and freely travel the way you want. We will provide you a comfortable city bike. Everything is included such as insurance, safety equipment and a bike lock. Don't worry, we've got you covered.
This tour is ideal for everyone who wants to get to know Kyoto in a short time but in a relaxed way. Scheduled for 3.5 hours, you'll pretty much be able to see, hear and experience everything of the old capital city, the "must-see" places as well as the hidden corners away from the typical touristic paths.
The tour kicks off with a little visit to Nijo Castle on the way to Seimei Shrine where you can learn about Yin-Yang and how to pray at a shrine here in Japan. Be sure to make a wish! After Seimei Shrine, we'll cycle through Kamishichiken street, known as the oldest among the 5 Geiko district in Kyoto! Get ready for photos too! After this it's just a short cycle to the Golden Pavilion where your guide will show you around and take more photos! After this enjoy a nice mostly downwards slope ride which takes you through the Kyoto Imperial Palace which used to be the residence of Japan's Imperial Family. You will see its beautiful gardens and buildings that have been maintained for over 200 years while hearing insights from your guide.
After passing through Kyoto Imperial Palace we'll be stopping off for a delicious lunch, another highlight to this tour! We have carefully selected the restaurant where we can taste, learn, and enjoy Kyoto's unique cuisine and enjoy it's beautiful Japanese garden too! If you are a vegetarian, let us know beforehand and you are more than welcome!
At Magical Trip, we aim to provide a unique experience for each one of our great customers. Please do feel free to ask our local guides any questions about the tour and beyond :) We hope we can be friends because we believe the human connections are the most precious gift from which we can gain through travelling.
Also, we have bike tours in Tokyo and Osaka. If you are willing to explore the town by bicycle, join our fun bike tours in other cities!
- You do not need to pay for the guide's food and drinks.
- Out of respect for other guests and to ensure the best tour for everyone, we must start the tour on time.
- You will not be able to join the tour, get refund or rescheduled if you are late for the tour and missed the group.
- During the summer in Kyoto please be careful of heatstroke. During the tour, please ensure to wear a hat and comfortable clothing. Make sure to bring and drink plenty of water. If you do feel unwell during the tour, let your guide know ASAP.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the tour starting time.
- Local favorite foods and drinks
- Hidden spots all over Japan
- Meet 10 of our local guides
Not ready to book yet?
Save it for later
Travel planning is hard. Take your time :) Save this link just in case and come back when you make a decision.
Some decisions need to be done together.
Share this link and see what they think
Check our FAQ to clear up any doubts you might have.