Tokyo Night Foodie Tour in ShinjukuTaste Tokyo's "Must-eat" foods, Omakase Sushi & Wagyu beef Yakiniku in Shinjuku★★★★★
- 3.5 hour tour
- Small group tour
- English speaking guide
What makes this tour unique
- A must-go tour for foodies of all ages where you will explore 3 foodie locations in the vibrant cityscape of Shinjuku.
- Watch an authentic Sushi chef (itamae) create an artisan "Nigiri" sushi right in front of you with fresh fish.
- Indulge in various kinds of Wagyu in an exciting Japanese BBQ Experience.
- Cool off as you wander around Kabuki-cho and enjoy dessert or alcohol drink.
Tips and recommendations by our official guides
Shinjuku, a renowned Tokyo destination, can be overwhelming with its vastness and a staggering number of eateries. Amidst the crowds, it's challenging to uncover those hidden gems beloved by locals, often tucked away from guidebook fame, or hampered by language barriers.
Enter our authentic food tour, a curated journey to three of our cherished restaurants, guided by a local expert. Immerse yourself in delicious cuisine while delving into Japanese food culture and decoding the intricate Shinjuku area.
Our adventure commences at a concealed sushi haven, known only to locals. Here, a masterful Itamae crafts exquisite sushi creations before your very eyes. Next, we venture to a Yakiniku restaurant near Shinjuku's bustling West side or Kabuki-cho, where you'll grill the famous Wagyu on traditional Japanese shichirin BBQ stoves.
As we amble through the neon-lit streets of Kabuki-Cho, our foodie tour reaches its zenith. Finally, we conclude our gastronomic journey at a bar or Japanese snack spot, indulging in delectable desserts or refreshing drinks, leaving you with a satisfied stomach and a deeper appreciation of Tokyo's culinary treasures.
Embark on this 3.5-hour Tokyo food tour to uncover the city's hidden culinary gems, a must-experience journey through three iconic Tokyo locales!
Try the classic Japanese course, Sushi at the hidden Sushi restaurant in Shinjuku!
Once you meet your guide, our culinary journey begins at an authentic sushi haven. Here, you can opt for the Omakase style (the chef's choices), entrusting the seasoned sushi chef to serve you the season's finest creations. Navigating Shinjuku's bustling streets, filled with people, restaurants, accommodations, and attractions, finding an authentic Japanese eatery can be a challenge, even for locals. That's where our expert local guide steps in, making it effortless for you to savor must-try Japanese cuisine while exploring the vibrant, ever-awake Shinjuku district.
It's time to indulge in another culinary delight: Japanese meat culture, famously known as Wagyu beef!
Having relished Japan's sushi culture, prepare to savor the zenith of Japanese meat culture: Wagyu beef yakiniku. This authentic Japanese style BBQ involves grilling thinly sliced raw meat to perfection and savoring it on your own. Our guide will expertly guide you through the art of cooking and indulging in Wagyu beef, providing a deep and delicious experience.
Conclude the foodie tour with unique Japanese desserts or drinks
Following your delightful journey through Japanese sushi and yakiniku culture, we'll lead you to a charming eatery for a sweet finale or refreshing drinks. (For families with children, we'll choose a Japanese snack restaurant.) It's the perfect way to wrap up your adventure, relishing uniquely Japanese desserts or drinks in the vibrant ambience of Shinjuku's Kabuki-cho red-light district!
In front of black pillar (Next to Uniqlo Shinjuku Nishiguchi shop)
- >7-8 minute walk from JR Shinjuku station West Exit
- >Our guide will be holding a red/orange sign saying "Magical Trip"
- >Nearest exit from Shinjuku station is D1.
- Meeting Place: Uniqlo Nishiguchi Shinjuku Shop
- 3 stops in Shinjuku
- Return to Shinjuku station
- The restaurant industry faces difficulty in hiring restaurant staff and training them due to many restaurant staff having to quit or having gotten laid off during the Covid-19 pandemic. Therefore, food and drinks at some restaurants may be served late making the tour last longer than originally scheduled. We kindly ask for your understanding
- Because most Japanese restaurants are not fully ready for providing vegetarian menus, limited choices of vegetarian foods in our tour is available.
- If you would like a vegetarian course, please request in advance (by the day before). We are unable to provide a vegetarian course upon request on the day of the tour.
- Anyone can join this tour. (Friends and family are welcome!)
- You do not need to pay for the guide's food and drinks
- Please bring some cash for your additional orders
- Only people of 20 years or older can drink alcohol by Japanese law
- This tour could possibly visit places where smoking is not prohibited. Please note that we may not be able to change the tour venues in this case.
- To ensure the best tour for everyone, we must start the tour on time.
- Restaurant and bar will be chosen based on number and age of guests.
- You will not be able to join the tour, get a refund or reschedule if you are late for the tour and miss the group.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the tour starting time.
- Free date/time rescheduling up to 24 hours before the tour starting time (depending on availability).
Yes, a vegetarian course is available. Please select the vegetarian course on the checkout page. Please note that we have only two types of courses:
- No Preference Course (serving meat, seafood, vegetables)
- Vegetarian Course (serving only vegetables)
We do not have any other courses than above
If you don't drink alcohol, there are also soft drinks that you can choose from the menu
Yes, young children and babies are welcome to join this tour. Children 4 -15 yrs old can get the full dinner option.
There is no dress code. But we recommend to wear comfortable shoes for the walk between restaurants.
Please visit Help Center for general inquiries.
Photos from the Recent Tours
Check out YouTuber Micaela experiencing our tour