Tuna Auction & Tokyo's Fish Market Tour in Toyosu & TsukijiWatch a tuna auction in Toyosu Market. Enjoy seafood at the Tokyo's biggest fish markets★★★★★
- 3 hour tour
- Small group tour
- English speaking guide
We deployed some measures to ensure the safety of our customers and guides.Read more
- See a real Tuna auction at Toyosu Fish Market in the morning
- Explore the outter markets of Tsukiji and Toyosu Fish Market with a local guide
- Sample some local favorites at the 2 biggests fish market in half-day
- Tuna auction at Toyosu Fish Market
- Some food samplings at Toyosu and Tsukiji Market
- Transfortation during the tour
- Full breakfast (Seafood) at Tsukiji Market
- Additional foods and drinks (Available for purchase)
In 2018, the Japanese government moved its main fish market from Tsukiji to Toyosu. Since then, all seafood in Tokyo is beeing traded at Toyosu Fish Market. But still, the Tsukiji "outer" market remains in the same place with so many shops and restaraunts still active.
On this tour, we'll explore these two biggest fish markets in half-a-day.
Why visit the two markets?
Because, Toyosu fish maket is mainly the place for fisherman and wholesellers to trade seafood. It is interesting to see how they trade and work at the market.
Here, you will get to see an actual tuna auction! It starts very earily in the morning so it is rare for even locals to observe the tuna auction. You'll get to see giant tunas from all around Japan and the rest of the world and buyers and wholesellers actually doing auctions from the 3rd floor. It is a very unique experience and worth waking up early!
However, I'd say Toyosu is not the perfect place for people who would like to sample fresh seafood and snacks. That is the reason why we are also visiting Tsukiji fish market.
After watching the tuna auction and strolling through different floors of Toyosu market, we'll take a public transportation and head to Tsukiji Market (takes only 10mins).
At Tsukiji fish market which has over 400 stalls and stores lined on the both sides, we'll explore and taste what delicious delights they have to offer. We'll sample fresh seafood and local snacks recommended by your guide. The tour includes a couple of street foods as well!
We finish the tour by enjoying a seafood breakfast at the local restaurant inside the Tsukiji market. You'll get to choose a seafood bowl from their selections.
Don't worry if you have no idea where to watch the tuna auction and best foods to try at the both markets. Also, our guide will give you local insights into their history and culture you couldn't learn on your own!
Book this tour now and both of Tokyo's famous fish markets!
Rise and Shine at Tokyo's Biggest Fish Market, Toyosu Fish Market - Watching the Moring Tuna Auction!
Good morning, and welcome to your special tour of Toyosu Fish Market and Tsukiji Market. Your first stop will be at Toyosu Fish Market, where you will be able to observe a tuna auction happening right in front of you! This market is also home to various museum style exhibits showcasing Japan's history with seafood. The famous Uogashi Alley will make you looking everywhere to see seafood, cutlery and miso.
Hunting fresh seafood at Tsukiji Fish Market, the original fish market of Tokyo
Take a bus to the hustling bustling market of Tsukiji. In this never-sleeping market, you will be able to partake in a food sampling tour with your local guide. Sample some local favorites such as a savory egg omelette, grilled eel, and many more. There are so many options in Tsukiji, you won't know when to stop!
A seafood lovers breakfast at the heart of Tsukiji Fish Market
Have a savory breakfast at a classic seafood restaurant at the heart of Tsukiji Market. The sashimi included in the bowl depends on today's catch, so make sure to come excited. If you are unfamilar with any food, your local guide will tell you their knowledge on seafood.
- Please note that the tour starting time is 5:30am so come to the meeting place a few minutes earlier.
- As we will take a bus to Toyosu market leaving at 5:33am, you CANNOT attend the tour if you come later than 5:30am.
- Since the tour starts early in the morning and a few trains exist at the time, your guide might get to the meeting place a few minutes before the starting time (5:30am).
- Please check how to get to the meeting place by train or taxi beforehand. The detailed direction is in the confirmation email that you will receive after booking.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the tour starting time.
- Free date/time rescheduling up to 24 hours before the tour starting time (depending on availability).
- Local favorite foods and drinks
- Hidden spots all over Japan
- Meet 10 of our local guides
Not ready to book yet?
Save it for later
Travel planning is hard. Take your time :) Save this link just in case and come back when you make a decision.
Some decisions need to be done together.
Share this link and see what they think
Check our FAQ to clear up any doubts you might have.