Kyoto Bar Hopping Nightlife Tour in PontochoPub crawl through the hidden local izakaya bars & eateries in Pontocho at night★★★★★
- 3 hour tour
- Small group tour
- English speaking guide
Dont wait! Seats are limited
- Experience deep izakaya & food culture in the backstreets of Kyoto that are normally hard to find for tourists at night
- All-in-one bar hopping tour. Drinks & Foods are included. so, you can come to the tour empty-handed
- Hop through 3 local Japanese bars with a friendly local tour guide
- Get insight into how to enjoy nights in Kyoto like a local
- 3 Drinks & 1 Food Plate (You can select from our special menu) (Vegan menu available)
- Hopping 3 local izakaya bars with a local guide
- Photos during a tour
Many travelers think that Kyoto has only a few things to do after dark. Absolutely not so! Kyoto turns into a quaint night town where locals hang out for drinks, all while beautiful, red lanterns glow. Worried about local-only eateries or the language barrier? Don't worry. We are here to share with you the best ways of making the most out of Kyoto nightlife: bar hopping at local izakayas!
Izakayas are a unique aspect of our culture, special places that are hard to translate. They are a combination of a diner and a pub, where people enjoy drinking with well-paired small dishes. A traditional izakaya is usually cozy, which naturally makes people start communicating with one another.
The master at the bar and other customers, for instance.
On this bar hopping tour, you'll experience the best izakaya in the Pontocho and Kiyamachi areas that are personally handpicked by me!
At first, stroll the street of Pontocho and take some good photos in the middle of the red-lantern-dotted lane. We'll stop by the first place, where you'll sample local specialities and recommended drinks, like cold draft beer, Japanese sake, or shochu.
What's next? We will be taking you to places only the locals know and recommend, making for a one and only experience!
MagicalTrip selected the best izakaya menus, enough for a full dinner meal served at each izakaya bar. As this tour is an All-in-one bar tour you can come to tour empty-handed.
You can get your favorite food and drinks from MagicalTrip's original menu that our local guides chose for you at each izakaya and bar!
You can try some new Japanese food based on your local tour guide's explanations and recommendations.
If you have any food restrictions or preferences, please do not worry! Our menu is vegan / vegetarian friendly.
You can immerse yourself in different atmospheres and try different types of drinks and dishes, all in three hours!
- Please note that there may be other participants
- You do not need to pay for the guide's food and drinks
- Only person over 20 years of age can drink alcohol because of law in Japan
- Anyone over 15 years old can join this tour
- This tour could possibly visit the place where smoking is not prohibited. please note that we may not be able to change the tour venues in this case.
- Out of respect for our other guests and to ensure the best tour for everyone, we must start the tour on time.
- You will not be able to join the tour, get refund or rescheduled if you are late for the tour and missed the group.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the tour starting time.
- Free date/time change up to 24 hours till the tour starting time.
- Cancellation after the starting time or no show, we offer no refund or date/time change.
- Local favorite foods and drinks
- Hidden spots all over Japan
- Meet 10 of our local guides
Not ready to book yet?
Save it for later
Travel planning is hard. Take your time :) Save this link just in case and come back when you make a decision.
Some decisions need to be done together.
Share this link and see what they think
Check our FAQ to clear up any doubts you might have.