Kyoto Sake Brewery & Tasting TourHave a sake adventure: learn the history, taste many kinds, and visit Kyoto's major brewery district★★★★★
- 3 hour tour
- Small group tour
- English speaking guide
We deployed some measures to ensure the safety of our customers and guides.Read more
- Taste 22 kinds of sake made in Kyoto throughout the tour and gain the ability to distinguish the differences
- Learn about sake while walking around one of the three major sake brewery districts in Japan
- Walk around Kyoto's laid-back area along the river and visit a local shrine
- Admission fee to the sake museum & brewery
- 22 kinds of sake tasting (4 kinds at the sake brewery + 18 kinds at the sake restaurant)
- Photos during the tour
- 3 hours with a local guide
- Note: anyone under 20 years old will get food or snacks instead of the sake tasting set
- Additional food or drinks (available for purchase)
Enjoying delicious dishes with sake is one of the Japanese traditions, and we are really proud of it. Sake has the power to make beautifully arranged dishes even tastier and deepen our relationships. The charm of sake is one of the the reasons why we're still attractive the older we get. I would like foreigners to appreciate this charm by learning its history and variety of tastes.
Having a history of over 2,000 years, sake has been deeply involved in Japanese culture. Sake is not only consumed when people are socializing with friends, but it's also used as an offering to gods or gifted for ceremonies.
The Fushimi region, being famous for its quality water, is selected as one of the three major sake brewery spots and has been operating since ancient times. We hope you can appreciate Fushimi's breathtaking scenery, its brewery and the aroma, flavor, and depth of sake.
In this tour, you will explore one of the biggest sake breweries in Kyoto and find the perfect sake for you by tasting 22 kinds of Kyoto-made sake at a hidden sake bar.
Globally, sake is becoming more popular. Although it's being consumed more than ever before, the number of kinds imported from foreign countries is still very limited.
In Japan, there are countless types of sake available which are unique from each other. So if this tour sounds enticing to you, please join us and savor the numerous kinds of sake that are only available in Japan.
Even if you don't know anything about sake, you are still welcome to join this tour. You can learn about sake step-by-step from its history, brewing process, to distinguishing its different tastes.
If you are into Sake and try more in other cities, we have a Sake Tasting Tour in Tokyo as well. On this tour, you'll get to try different kinds of Sake at Tokyo's old sake bars with a different atmosphere. Check out Tokyo Sake Tasting Tour on the Tokyo page!
- Anyone can join this tour.
- For minors under 20, tasting sake is not allowed. Some foods or snacks will be provided instead
- Out of respect for other guests and to ensure the best tour for everyone, we must start the tour on time.
- You will not be able to join the tour, get refund or rescheduled if you are late for the tour and missed the group.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the tour starting time.
- Free date/time change up to 24 hours till the tour starting time (depending on availability).
- Local favorite foods and drinks
- Hidden spots all over Japan
- Meet 10 of our local guides
Not ready to book yet?
Save it for later
Travel planning is hard. Take your time :) Save this link just in case and come back when you make a decision.
Some decisions need to be done together.
Share this link and see what they think
Check our FAQ to clear up any doubts you might have.