3-hour Kyoto Bike Tour through Arashiyama Bamboo GroveCycle through historical Kyoto and visit its beautiful temples and shrines; including Arashiyama Bamboo Grove and Tenryu-ji Temple!
- 3 hour tour
- Small group tour
- English speaking guide
We deployed some measures to ensure the safety of our customers and guides.Read more
- Cycle through the beautiful Arashiyama and Matsuo area
- Visit both popular and hidden sites important to Japanese history
- Hear historic and local tales from your guide
- Witness an awe-inspiring nature by Togetsukyo bridge
- Rental bike
- Bottle of water
- Entrance fee for Daikaku-ji Temple and Tenryu-ji Temple
- Tour photos
- Additional drinks and foods
Hi there! I was born and raised in Kyoto and I have spent almost 20 years here in Arashiyama. I am very thrilled to show you around this beautiful area I really like!
Although I feel happy to see more and more tourists come to Arashiyama lately, I feel sad that most tourists only visit some famous spots such as Tenryuji Temple and it seems like they even don’t know there are more places to see. I also know that local knowledge and historical stories make travels much more interesting but having guides with enough knowledge is not an easy feat.
Thus I created the tour to take you to not only somewhere popular but also some places you should see. Moreover, a bike makes it possible to explore the whole Arashiyama area and even neighboring area as well. I would love to say having a local guide and a bike is the best way to enjoy Arashiyama to the fullest!
This tour is perfect for everyone who wants to know in-depth history of Kyoto and see all the must-see spots in a short time.
High level of cycling skill is not required, so you don’t need to worry even if you don’t cycle often. Your guide will make sure to take care of you and keep safe. In addition, this is an all-inclusive tour. A bike and bottle of water are provided, and entrance fee for each spots are also included, so you don’t even carry a lot for this tour.
Come join us to have memorable experience here in Arashiyama! We are looking forward to seeing you soon!
- Anyone over 12 can join (The size of bike is 24 or 26 inch)
- This cycling tour is not only for highly skilled bikers but also for anyone.
- For safety, the tour might be cancelled in case of unsuitable weather.
- Please wear comfortable clothes and shoes for cycling.
- Please be prepared for hot temperature in summer.
- Please follow traffic rules which your guide explains.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the tour starting time.
- Free date/time rescheduling up to 24 hours before the tour starting time (depending on availability).
- Local favorite foods and drinks
- Hidden spots all over Japan
- Meet 10 of our local guides
Not ready to book yet?
Save it for later
Travel planning is hard. Take your time :) Save this link just in case and come back when you make a decision.
Some decisions need to be done together.
Share this link and see what they think
Check our FAQ to clear up any doubts you might have.