Asakusa Cultural & Street-food Walking TourDiscover the history and traditions of the old town in Tokyo, Asakusa★★★★★
- 3 hour tour
- Small group tour
- English speaking guide
What makes this tour unique
- An all-inclusive Asakusa walking tour covering all things to do recommended by locals within 3 hours
- Educational experience that you can learn Japanese religious culture at Sensoji temple and all about this old traditional town in Tokyo
- Experience traditional tea ceremony and taste Matcha in calm and relaxed tea house.
- Magicaltrip Cook Monja-yaki originally created in Asakusa for lunch.
- Some food samplings (Japanese snacks and sweets)
- Lunch ( Okonomiyaki or Monja-yaki + 1 drink) (Vegetarian menu available / not vegan & Gluten-free)
- Tea ceremony Experience
- Tour photos
- 3.5 hours with a local guide
Check out YouTuber Life Where I'm From experiencing our tour
Tips and recommendations by our official guides
Are you planning to visit Asakusa? Is your answer yes? It should be!
Asakusa is the most popular tourist destination in Tokyo. However, would you like to make sure that you experience the authentic Asakusa that the locals recommend?
Asakusa's trip wouldn't be complete with just passing through the main street and blindly following other tourists to Sensoji temple. Skip the over-priced, touristy restaurants around the sightseeing area and find one that is authentic, local, and fun!
I created this tour to help travelers navigate through "the real Asakusa".
I've lived in this district for over seven years. I wanted to offer this tour to ensure that you're able to travel with a local that knows the area well. If you do, your Asakusa experience will be 10 times more enjoyable!
Our friendly local guide will give you some insights into important traditions of Japanese temples, local lifestyles, what to buy, and what to eat in Asakusa. You can't hear the real voices of locals by only reading guidebooks or reading website articles- have an in-person guide show you around!
This Asakusa cultural walking tour suits all types of travelers: family, friends, couples, and solo travelers. In addition, since this is a small-group tour (up to 8 people), you can also enjoy talking with and meeting new people, including your friendly local guide.
This tour starts at 11am and ends at around 2:30 pm, so you can check out shops that you discover through the tour, or keep exploring Asakusa after the tour (you'll probably find something very interesting after this tour)!
Since you're coming all the way to Asakusa, why don't you give this tour a try, making the most out of this amazing historical town?
If you would like to wear a Kimono in Asakusa, we have another tour that includes Kimono rental with great photos in Tokyo. Check out the tour on the Tokyo page as well!
Start your journey from Asakusa Sensoji Temple!
This 3-hour journey will start from Senso-ji. We will step into the main spot in Asakusa, Senso-ji temple, exploring the Nakamise Street that has 300-year history and sample street food. When you start heading to Kappabashi, you will learn how Asakusa area has been developed and its traditions!
Set out for some kitchen tools with your local guide and find the finest knives and chopsticks
After exploring Senso-ji, we'll walk a few minutes towards Kappabashi, a long street full of mystery. You will find a huge range of Japanese kitchen tools and goods, and your guide will recommend shops based on your preferences! The Japanese kitchen knives here, especially, are of the highest quality in the world. I'm sure you will find the one you need. ;)
Enjoy a local favorite, Monjya-yaki in the backstreets of Asakusa.
At last, we'll stop by a favorite monjyayaki (a local dish made with seasoned flour and many other ingredients) place in the backstreets of Asakusa, along Hoppy Street. There, your guide will instruct you on how to cook monjayaki, and you can enjoy eating it with everyone else in the group tour.
In front of Kaminarimon Police Box, Senso-jiSee on google maps
- 3 minute walk from Asakusa station Ginza Line Exit #1
- Your guide will be holding a red/orange sign "MagicalTrip"
- This tour is available for all-ages.
- You do not need to pay for the guide's food and drinks
- Out of respect for other guests and to ensure the best tour for everyone, we must start the tour on time.
- You will not be able to join the tour, get refund or rescheduled if you are late for the tour and missed the group.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the tour starting time.
- Free date/time rescheduling up to 24 hours before the tour starting time (depending on availability).