Kyoto Tea Ceremony & Kiyomizu-dera Temple Walking TourExperience a traditional tea ceremony and walk around one of the World Heritage sites in Japan's old capital★★★★★
- 3 hour tour
- Small group tour
- English speaking guide
We deployed some measures to ensure the safety of our customers and guides.Read more
- An all-inclusive tour through the ancient towns of Kyoto, with an authentic tea ceremony experience.
- Gain knowledge on Japanese religious culture such as praying methods at Kiyomizu-dera temple.
- An exclusive tasting tour where you can sample local produce and products such as pickles and sweets.
- Kiyomizu-dera Temple entrance fee
- Tea ceremony experience
- 2-3 food samplings (Vegan menu available)
- 3 hours with a local guide
- Photos during the tour
- Extra food and drinks (available for purchase)
Hello guys! My name is Shin, and I love to travel.
Because of my homestay experience in Australia, I am addicted to traveling to places I've never been and experience things unique to each site.
Kyoto is one of my favorite cities. If you visit Kyoto, I created this tour to help you enjoy many Kyoto-specific experiences. We can feel the cultural and historic atmosphere through traditional shrines, temples, food, landscape and so on. Kiyomizuzaka has a lot of narrow streets which makes sightseeing difficult, but don't worry!
Your local guide will take you exactly where you should be to experience Kyoto's atmosphere, including traditional Japanese sundries shops, old teashops, sweets shops, and if you are lucky, you could see Maiko and Geisha.
In this walking tour, we will be able to visit the Jishu Shrine which is located inside the Kiyomizu-dera Temple. The Jishu Shrine is dedicated to the deity of love and matchmaking. When we're visiting the Kiyomizu-dera Temple and Jishu Shrine, our guide will teach you and let you experience the Japanese way of worshipping the gods.
Also, we can't miss Kyoto's tea ceremony. Kyoto is where the tea ceremony was born and remains its spiritual heart. We'd be so happy to try the most calming cup of tea with you because Kyoto is the best place to try it.
We hope that everyone will feel so welcome on this tour.
If this is your first visit to Kyoto, we'll show you many interesting sites. For those of you who have previously visited Kyoto, you will learn even more about the city from the locals and visit more places that they recommend.
Throughout the tour, we would love to answer any questions at any time, and we're always thrilled to share our local stories with you.
We are so looking forward to meeting you!
Let's have a great experience and fun together, just like hanging out with friends.
- All ages can join this tour
- Please bring some cash with you for additional food, drinks and souvenirs.
- For the respect of other participants, please make sure to show up on time.
- It is possible that there will be line-ups for Otowa Waterfall.
- Out of respect for other guests and to ensure the best tour for everyone, we must start the tour on time.
- You will not be able to join the tour, get refund or rescheduled if you are late for the tour and missed the group.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the tour starting time.
- Free date/time rescheduling up to 24 hours before the tour starting time (depending on availability).
- Local favorite foods and drinks
- Hidden spots all over Japan
- Meet 10 of our local guides
Not ready to book yet?
Save it for later
Travel planning is hard. Take your time :) Save this link just in case and come back when you make a decision.
Some decisions need to be done together.
Share this link and see what they think
Check our FAQ to clear up any doubts you might have.