Fushimi Inari Hidden Hiking TourKyoto's No.1 Fushimi Inari tour, through a hidden hiking trail up the mountain.★★★★★
- 3 hour tour
- Small group tour
- English speaking guide
We deployed some measures to ensure the safety of our customers and guides.Read more
- Hike through a hidden trail where you won’t encounter other tourists for the majority of the tour.
- Discover and explore a hidden bamboo grove, immerse yourself away from other tourists.
- Take picturesque shots in both popular spots and uncharted areas efficiently with a local guide.
- 3 hours with a local guide
- Additional food and drink
Don’t get caught standing in a crowd of tourists trying to get a good photo. We provide a personal hiking experience. This is the ONLY tour at Fushimi Inari which goes off paved paths, onto actual forest trails. We know of hidden bamboo groves and beautiful evergreens around Fushimi Inari Shrine. Local trails lead us to the main shrine with thousands of red torii gates, and we know of secluded trails that lead to old and hidden alters.
We will begin at Tofukuji Station and wander into a quiet neighborhood, visiting small shrines on the way to the mountain. Then take a trail to see a wonderful bamboo grove, and connect to the main path filled with the famous vermilion torii gates.
We will reach the summit of the mountain, which is covered in the shrine alters and then venture back down the mountain on a forested trail, visiting smaller shrines on the way to another bamboo grove. This will lead us to the most famous area of Fushimi Inari, perfect for a memorable photo. We will finish at the main shrine at the base of the mountain, where you can enjoy some local street food before you continue your adventure in the wonderful city of Kyoto.
Half of the tour is walking in forest, so you don't get sunlight directly.
On top of that, this is a small-group hiking tour, so you can enjoy the time like going out with friends.
Solo travelers, friends, couples and family, all are welcome.
Hike through a secret path into Fushimi Inari Shrine.
Even though there is Fushi-inari station, we start the tour from Tofukuji station because we enter Fushi-inari shrine from back side of main entrance. We walk around Kyoto's local neighborhood to the hidden trail and see quiet and peaceful nature.
Journey into a secret bamboo forest -- an uncharted treasure trove
Crossing through a narrow mountain path, we will discover a natural bamboo forest, and a small Inari shrine hidden from tourists. Fushimi Inari's main entrance is hard to navigate due to a lot of people, but by walking through the mountains, we will see Fushimi Inari from a new perspective, away from the crowd. Crossing a narrow mountain path, we will discover a natural bamboo forest, and a small Inari shrine hidden from tourists. Fushimi Inari's main entrance is hard to navigate due to a lot of people, but by walking through the mountains, we will see Fushimi Inari from a new perspective, away from the crowd.
Return to civilization after a breathtaking view atop the mountains of Fushimi Inari
After an hour long hike through a hidden trail, we will return back to the main road in the middle of the mountains of Fushimi Inari. From here on, we will explore tourist areas on the way to the top of the mountain. Tour routes may vary, but it will end somewhere around the main shrine.
- The tour will be canceled during extreme weather.
- This hike is not super difficult, approximately 5-6km in total. But it is not a simple walk and does take some effort. We would not recommend it for people who have trouble walking or are not in a good condition. We take regular stops and can do extra stops if needed.
- Persons younger than 8 must have parents request permission before booking.
- As the ground can be slippy, we recommend you to come wearing shoes with good grip.
- In the burning hot and humid summer here, we highly recommend you to bring a cap and sunglasses to avoid heatstroke.We will provide a bottle of water for each person.
- There may be mosquitoes and bugs as the group will hike in the mountain, so wearing long sleeve shirt and long pants is recommended.
- Out of respect for other guests and to ensure the best tour for everyone, we must start the tour on time.
- You will not be able to join the tour, get refund or rescheduled if you are late for the tour and missed the group.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the tour starting time.
- Free date/time rescheduling up to 24 hours before the tour starting time (depending on availability).
- The tour will be canceled during extreme weather. Guests may also cancel due to rain if they are not prepared.
- Local favorite foods and drinks
- Hidden spots all over Japan
- Meet 10 of our local guides
Not ready to book yet?
Save it for later
Travel planning is hard. Take your time :) Save this link just in case and come back when you make a decision.
Some decisions need to be done together.
Share this link and see what they think
Check our FAQ to clear up any doubts you might have.