Tokyo Ramen Tasting TourHop through 3 different Ramen restaurants including Tonkotsu in Ikebukuro; Tokyo's biggest Ramen district.★★★★★
- 2.5 hour tour
- Small group tour
- English speaking guide
We deployed some measures to ensure the safety of our customers and guides.Read more
- Have a taste of 3 different Ramen bowls in Ikebukuro, Tokyo's most competitive Ramen district.
- Learn ramen culture from a local ramen professional, and eat your way through its rich history.
- Try out 3 different kinds of Ramen. Classic Shoyu (fish and pork broth), Tan-tan tsukemen and Tonkotsu.
- 3 bowls of Ramen (two half-sized, one full-sized. Enough for a full meal).
- Tour photos
- 2 hours with a local guide
- Additional purchases of food and drinks (including toppings or larger portions)
"As you know, Ramen is a pivotal part of Japanese culture. Within one bowl, there are countless stories and experiences associated with it. There are various types of Ramen available in Japan, and Tokyo happens to be the center of this massive culture. Countless ramen ""districts"" exist in Japan. Simply walk through them and you will be lured by numerous restaurants beckoning you in.
In our Tokyo Ramen Hopping Tour, we selected the finest local ramen establishments in Ikebukuro, which is Tokyo's biggest ramen district. This tour will take you through some hidden and popular places, and it will be a historical tour in it's own right, except that this tour will be a full on tasting experience.
MagicalTrip selected the three finest ramen restaurants in Ikebukuro, and you will able to taste 2 mini ramen bowls and 1 full bowl. It may sound like a lot, but don't worry. Our local guide will also present to you their vast knowledge on ramen, so while eating you will also KNOW why Ramen is such a cultural milestone in our daily lives.
Ramen: According to Japanese locals and one of the oldest Ramen restaurants in Tokyo
Welcome to Ikebukuro, one of Tokyo's most competitive Ramen district. After meeting your guide, you will learn the history and the types of different Ramen. Your first stop will be where the original Tsukemen was invented. With a wooden, vintage interior; this ramen restaurant a must-visit for all Ramen lovers. Enjoy a classic bowl of what started all and learn how ramen is engrained in Japanese culture from your local guide.
A glimpse of where Ramen is headed towards
A rising star in the Ramen industry is uniquely crafted ramen. Your second stop will be a relatively new ramen spot. Here, you can enjoy new types of ramen. Pick what you are interested. Don't worry, you will not be disappointed!
Enjoy a hearty bowl of Tonkotsu Ramen
After a break, your final stop will be a local favortite for Tonkotsu ramen. Created from boiling pork bones, this savory bowl is starting to become the "4th" ramen after Shoyu, Shio and Miso. We will visit a local, yet popular Tonkotsu Ramen place in the busy city of Ikebukuro.
- Please come hungry! You will have 2 small bowls of ramen and 1 full bowl.
- Please make sure to order at least one item for each store. It is considered rude not to order anything.
- "For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the tour starting time.
- Free date/time rescheduling up to 24 hours before the tour starting time (depending on availability)."
- Local favorite foods and drinks
- Hidden spots all over Japan
- Meet 10 of our local guides
Not ready to book yet?
Save it for later
Travel planning is hard. Take your time :) Save this link just in case and come back when you make a decision.
Some decisions need to be done together.
Share this link and see what they think
Check our FAQ to clear up any doubts you might have.