Kyoto Arashiyama Insider Walking TourTravel deeper into Saga-Arashiyama's villa landscapes & Arashiyama bamboo forest with a local guide★★★★★
- 4 hour tour
- Small group tour
- English speaking guide
We deployed some measures to ensure the safety of our customers and guides.Read more
- Visit Tenryu-Ji temple and its majestic garden once owned by aristocrats, officially recognized as a world heritage site by UNESCO.
- Make everlasting memories in the Kyoto's bamboo forest, with knowledge and insight from an Arashiyama insider.
- An authentic, exclusive Kyoto-style lunch with a special view of the Togetsukyo bridge.
- Entrance fees to all temples
- Kyoto-Style lunch
- 4 hours of local guide
- Tour photos
- Additional foods and drinks (Available for Purchase)
Hi I was born and raised here. I've traveled to more than 30 countries across the globe. But Kyoto has always been a special place in the world for me.
I have confidently created this Arashiyama walking tour because I feel it's such a pity that most of the tourists see the famous "Kyoto bamboo forest" only. I can say it loud, ARASHIYAMA OFFERS MUCH MORE THAN THE INSTAGRAMMABLE BAMBOO FOREST!
No wonder that the area is one of the most visited sites in Kyoto. But, let's all be real now. It is oftentimes too packed with tourists and their selfie sticks during the peak seasons. That's exactly why I believe having a tour with us is the best way to get around, learn, and experience the real Arashiyama because our certified guides will take you to the hidden route such as a former aristocrats village which is difficult for you to discover by yourself!
The tour starts from JR Saga-Arashiyama station. Unlike the normal and very crowded route to directly go to the bamboo forest, we will meet at the North Exit of the station and we will head to oftentimes unnoticed area of ‘Saga-Toriimoto’. By visiting very local gift shops and beautiful local temples/shrines, I'm sure you will be convinced why aristocrats more than 10 centuries ago have cherished the area :)
Our guides will explain its history and some interesting stories!
In addition to visiting beautiful spots and learning about the area, we will take you to a restaurant where we will eat authentically traditional Kyoto cuisine including Tofu, Namafu, and others depending on your own choice! This restaurant is special because it offers you an amazing view of the Togetsukyo bridge that is often missed by tourists! What's great about the restaurant is that they offer Halal, Vegetarian, and gluten-free options as well for everyone!
At Magical Trip, we aim to provide a unique experience for each one of our beloved customers. Please do feel free to ask our local guides any questions about the tour and beyond :) We hope we can be friends because I personally believe the human connections are the most precious gift from which we can gain through travelling!
See you in Kyoto!
- All ages can join this tour.
- All of the entrance fees to temples included as well as Kyoto Style lunch.
- As we will enter buddhist and shintoist facilities, please make sure to wear respectful clothing.
- As this is a walking tour, please make sure you wear shoes with which you feel comfortable walking long distance"
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the tour starting time.
- Local favorite foods and drinks
- Hidden spots all over Japan
- Meet 10 of our local guides
Not ready to book yet?
Save it for later
Travel planning is hard. Take your time :) Save this link just in case and come back when you make a decision.
Some decisions need to be done together.
Share this link and see what they think
Check our FAQ to clear up any doubts you might have.