5-Hour Tokyo & Edo Hidden Gem Bike Tour with LunchCycling around hidden gems in Tokyo, where you can experience the essence of life during the Edo period.★★★★★
- 5 hour tour
- Small group tour
- English speaking guide
What makes this tour unique
- Skip the crowds and take a refreshing ride to Tokyo's local areas such as Asakusa, Skytree, Ryogoku, and Fukagawa.
- Visit a Shinto shrine and a Buddhist temple with a local guide to learn how Japanese people worship.
- Everything is included, such as a delicious lunch and rental bikes.
- Simply get on your bike and ride off into the wind!
- Go to the small historical museum to see how people in the Edo era (170 years ago) lived and compare it to current Tokyo!
Tips and recommendations by our official guides
This 5-hour Tokyo & Edo Hidden Gem Bike Tour with Lunch gives you a fascinating first-hand look at Tokyo's must-visit places in half a day! On this bike tour, you'll get to ride through Asakusa, Skytree, the Sumo town "Ryogoku," and the Fukagawa area.
You may already know, but we offer 2 bike tours in Tokyo, each with different tastes and highlights. We must say this hidden gem tour's highlights include visiting historical spots where we can experience how Japanese people lived in the Edo period and compare it to now! The other tour focuses more on visiting unique and cozy spots in Eastern Tokyo, such as Asakusa, Ueno, and Akihabara. If you have 2 days in Tokyo, we recommend trying both bike tours to complete all the must-visit spots in Tokyo!
On this tour, we'll pedal through some of Tokyo's most famous historical towns - Asakusa, Ryogoku, and then explore more local spots in the Fukagawa area.
Come on this 5-hour sightseeing tour on a hybrid bike and ride through beautiful rivers, parks, and backstreets of Tokyo.
This is a bike tour for any traveler over 15 years old. We cover a distance of 15 km, stop by several spots, and explore the neighborhoods on foot. A hybrid bike is easy to ride, so don't worry even if you are a beginner! Also, lunch and bike insurance are included, so you can come to the tour empty-handed.
Come join our Tokyo bike tour and explore more city gems in the historical areas of Tokyo!
Check the videos and the cycling map below to get more ideas about what this one is like!
Meet up with a local guide and start cycling to Asakusa area where it's been popular since the Edo period (1603 - 1868)
Meet a local guide at Asakusabashi station and listen to a small lecture about traffic rules in Japan. After that, we'll head to the Asakusa area, where people in the Edo period (1603-1868) loved to travel. There is a famous toy company called BANDAI, and we can see big figures of anime characters such as DRAGON BALL, Doraemon, and more. Let's take photos with them and visit the most touristy spot in Tokyo, called the Asakusa Kaminarimon Gate.
Ride through the beautiful bridge where we can see the huge SKYTREE and enjoy cycling along the Sumida river to the historical Sumo area called Ryogoku
After a short sightseeing around the Asakusa area, we will head to the Ryogoku area, famous as Sumo town. On the way there, we'll ride through a beautiful bridge where we can see the picturesque Sumida River and the towering SKYTREE, which stands at 634 meters (the highest radio tower in the world). In Ryogoku, we will take a short walk to explore the history of Sumo and enjoy lunch at a local restaurant.
After the lunch, visit Fukagawa Fudo-son temple to encounter a Japanese style Buddhism temple and then visit Edo Museum to see how Edo people lived 150 years ago.
After lunch in the Ryogoku area, we will cycle to the Fukagawa area. First, we will visit the Fukagawa Fudo-son Temple, where we can observe how Japanese people worship in their daily lives. Afterward, we will head to the Edo Museum to explore how the streets were in the Edo period (150 years ago).
AsakusaBashi Station Exit A3 (Toei- Asakusa Line)
- You will see a guide waiting outside of the Exit A3
- Because most Japanese restaurants are not fully ready for providing vegetarian menus, limited choices of vegetarian foods in our tour is available.
- All levels are welcome.
- Anyone over 150cm ( 4′11″) tall can join this tour.
- The tour may get cancelled in case of unsuitable weather for safety reasons.
- Please wear comfortable clothes and shoes for cycling.
- You cannot leave your luggage at the rental bike office during the tour. Please do not bring your luggage with you, or alternatively, store them in lockers before the tour.
- Itinerary order is subject to change depending on traffic, weather, and operation
- If any place is closed, we will try to attend an alternate location
- Please note that there might be other participants
- Out of respect for other guests and to ensure the best tour for everyone, we must start the tour on time.
- You will not be able to join the tour, get a refund or reschedule if you are late for the tour and miss the group.
- We recommend obtaining travel insurance on your own before participating.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the tour starting time.
- Free date/time change up to 24 hours till the tour starting time (depending on availability).
- The tour would be cancel If there is a 40% or more of rain probability. (In case of cancellation we will send a message one day before the tour)
Anyone over 150cm ( 4′11″)tall can join this tour because of the size of bicycles.
The tour would be cancel if there is a 40% or more of rain probability. In case of cancellation because of bad weather we will send you a message one day before the tour; we might propose you to reschedule the tour to the closest available day (depending on availability).
If it is cancelled by bad weather, you get full refund.
Photos from the Recent Tours