Hiroshima Bar Hopping Food TourTaste Hiroshima's foods in one night at the biggest nightlife district in Hiroshima!★★★★★
- 3 hour tour
- Small group tour
- English speaking guide
What makes this tour unique
- Explore Hiroshima locals drinking spots around Nagarekawa at an efficient pace.
- Guaranteed seats at 3 bars / izakayas where you will be able to try some amazing local foods.
- Try out some local foods such as Hiroshima-style okonomiyaki, oysters and horumon tempura!
- Interact with other friendly local bargoers and get a real sense of the culture, food and people!
Check out YouTuber TabiEats experiencing our tour
Tips and recommendations by our official guides
You may be a little surprised at how many izakaya (Japanese pubs) there are in Hiroshima's drinking areas. To help you find the best spots, I've created this tour. We will be taking you to places only the locals know and recommend, making for a one and only experience! Together with friendly local guide, you won't miss out on great, authentic izakaya in Hiroshima.
There are a lot of delicious and genuine izakaya foods to be found around the Nagarekawa area, such as Hiroshima-style okonomiyaki, horumon tempura, oysters, and much more! Of course, most places will have a vegetarian menu to choose from, too. If you have dietary restrictions (allergies, non-dairy, etc.), feel free to let your guide know, and they'll definitely find something for you, don't worry!
If you're coming to Japan for the first time, going to an izakaya might be difficult because of some rules you don't know about or items on the menu you're not sure of, so our local guide will be with you to explain how everything works. Our guide will also share local stories with you, and you can, of course, ask any questions about Japan while sharing a drink! It's just like hanging out with a group of familiar friends.
The local people, especially when drinking at night, are super relaxed and friendly. Let's have a drink (or a lot of drinks) with them!
Our local tour guide will take you to places that would be hard to find or enjoy on your own. During the tour, you can indulge and enjoy the Hiroshima nightlife like a local!!
On top of that, this is a small-group food tour, so you're sure to have a memorable night, just like when going out with friends! (Please check our reviews on TripAdvisor!)
Solo travelers, friends, or couples...all are welcome!
Start this local food tour with a bang as a chef cooks your very own Hiroshima-style okonomiyaki in front of you.
Our friendly local guide will wait for you in front of the GUCCI advertisement in Fukuya near Hacchobori station. They'll be holding a board that says "Magical Trip", so you can't miss them! After meeting, our guide will take you a local izakaya that specializes in Okonomiyaki. Quench your thirst with a refreshing Japanese drink as the chef cooks your Okonomiyaki (a Japanese savory pancake) on a flat iron grill at your table!
Go bar hopping in the backstreets of Hiroshima just like a local and Taste authentic local foods
Our tour guide will have all their recommendations thought out! Even if you don't know much about Japanese food, don't worry. You'll have amazing foods that you can only taste in Hiroshima!
Taste Sake made in Hiroshima! Try different flavors, from dry and rich to sweet and light
Hiroshima is very famous for its sake breweries. In this tour, you will get to learn all about sake flavors, so you can try and find your favorite ones! Japanese Izakaya foods like grilled oysters, yakitori, fried fish pair perfectly with sake, of course. Feel free to ask your guide what good combos are!
Hacchobori station in front of the Gucci shopSee on google maps
- A guide will be holding a sign saying "Magical Trip"
- The restaurant industry faces difficulty of hiring restaurant staff and training them because many restaurant staff had to quit or got laid off during the times of the Covid-19 pandemic. Therefore, food and drinks at some restaurants possibly comes served late and the tour might be longer than originally scheduled. We kindly ask for your understanding
- Because most Japanese restaurants are not fully ready for providing vegetarian menus, choices of vegetarian foods in our tour is available but limited.
- Anyone over 15 years old can join this tour.
- You do not need to pay for the guide's food and drinks
- Please bring some cash for your additional orders
- Only people 20 years or older can drink alcohol because of law in Japan
- This tour could possibly visit the place where smoking is not prohibited. please note that we may not be able to change the tour venues in this case.
- Out of respect for our other guests and to ensure the best tour for everyone, we must start the tour on time.
- You will not be able to join the tour, get refund or rescheduled if you are late for the tour and missed the group.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the tour starting time.
- Free date/time change up to 24 hours till the tour starting time (depending on availability).
We are going to be visiting three bars in all of our Bar Hopping Tours!
Anyone over 15 years old can join this tour but only those who are 20 years or older are allowed to drink alcohol by Japanese law.
If you don't drink alcohol, we also offer soft drinks that you can choose from our menu.
Vegetarian food is available. You get to choose food from various choices at each bar.
No, you don't. Your guide pays on their own and enjoy with all guests!
If you don't eat fish or other seafood, you don't need to worry. We offer a variety of food in our menu to choose from. We try to balance between meat, fish, and vegetarian options so you always can enjoy eating at every bar. Please remember to put that in your booking comments so that our guide can be well-prepared for it.
Please visit Help Center for general inquiries.