Asakusa Bar Hopping Tour through Nakamise Shopping StreetExperience the food cultures of Asakusa in this nostalgic journey through some of the best hidden foodie spots.★★★★★
- 3 hour tour
- Small group tour
- English speaking guide
We deployed some measures to ensure the safety of our customers and guides.Read more
- Discover the nightlife of Asakusa by hopping 3 lively local food alley in the backstreets
- Try various types of local drinks that you can't taste in other areas during this nightlife food tour
- Feel the nostalgia of Tokyo in some local and historic foodie locations
- Hit the coolest bar in Asakusa, "Ninja Bar"
- 3 hours with a local guide
- 1 drink
- Photos during the tour
- Hopping various local places with a local guide
- Additional foods and drinks (Available for purchase)
How much do you know about the charms of Asakusa? The truth is, there are two faces of Asakusa. One is the face during the daytime, populated with tourists, and the other is the face of the night, where locals gather together. Asakusa is known more for its face of the day as the most famous sightseeing spot in Tokyo, but the face of its nightlife actually has a lot of attractions. For example, the Kaminari Gate and the Nakamise shopping street are lit up, exposing a dreamlike atmosphere since there are less people, and the retro bars are pumped up by the local people. Our nightlife food tour focuses on what to do in Asakusa at night. So, you guys are able to directly learn about Japan's local charms through good food and interaction with people. You can join our tour after daytime sightseeing in Asakusa!
We'll enjoy Tokyo foods and drinks at night in this food tour, by visiting several locations tied to the history of this beautiful city. Some local favorites such as Kamiya Bar, the oldest bar in Tokyo and Yadoroku, the oldest onigiri (rice ball) restaurant are some of my favorites! We will also take you to Hoppy Street, a haven for alcohol-lovers. This street is named after a famous Japanese beverage.
A “hoppy” is a drink made and first sold on 1948 in Japan, and was a drink that became popular due to its beer-like taste and cheap price when beer was expensive after the war. Please feel the local drinking atmosphere in Japan.
Let's have a great time experiencing Asakusa's nightlife with Japanese locals!
Start your night food and barhoping journey
At night, the busy streets in Asakusa transforms into a bar hopping food & drink adventure, giving you a totally different type of atmosphere. The guide will take you through hidden food and drink spots near Kaminari Gate and show you local favorites in Nakamise shopping street for you.
Get Asakusa Local Street Food through Nakamise Shopping Street!
After drinking, head off to some local favorite and historically significant locations and enjoy a hearty Japanese meal engrained in Japanese food culture that will leave you satisfied!
Grab a fortune and Let's drink at our last stop!
Grab a drink at Hoppy Street like a local, and head off to Kamiya Bar, the oldest existing bar in Tokyo. You can enjoy the famous "Denki Bran", a STRONG cocktail. Your guide may also take you to the mysterious Ninja Bar!
- Please bring cash for the food and drinks after the first bar. Probably you will spend around ¥3,000-¥4,000.
- You may need to order at least 1 food and 1 drink at each bar if it's the rule there.
- Anyone over 6 years old can join this tour but only those who are 20 years or older are allowed to drink alcohol by Japanese law.
- Please note that there may be other participants
- You do not need to pay for the guide's food and drinks
- This tour could possibly visit places where smoking is not prohibited. Please note that we may not be able to change the tour venues in this case.
- Out of respect for our other guests and to ensure the best tour for everyone, we must start the tour on time.
- You will not be able to join the tour, get refund or rescheduled if you are late for the tour and missed the group.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the tour starting time.
- Free date/time rescheduling up to 24 hours before the tour starting time (depending on availability).
- Local favorite foods and drinks
- Hidden spots all over Japan
- Meet 10 of our local guides
Not ready to book yet?
Save it for later
Travel planning is hard. Take your time :) Save this link just in case and come back when you make a decision.
Some decisions need to be done together.
Share this link and see what they think
Check our FAQ to clear up any doubts you might have.