Kuromon Market Walking Street Food Tour in OsakaEating up local's favorite street-foods★★★★★
- 2 hour tour
- Small group tour
- English speaking guide
We deployed some measures to ensure the safety of our customers and guides.Read more
- Try Osaka's "must-eat" street food, Takoyaki
- Have a taste of several local foods while walking through Kuromon Market
- Find unique Japanese kitchenware and tableware souvenirs to bring home
- 4-5 food samplings
- Tour photos
- 2 hours with a local guide
- Additional food and drinks (available for purchase)
Kuromon Market has been playing an important role for thriving Osaka as the "Kitchen of the Nation" for a long time. Most shops in Kuromon Market has been there for decades and most of them are family owned businesses which makes it look different from the modern shopping malls. The place is famous for offering street foods for the people in Osaka.
Of course, with time, there are several things that were changed, but the food and the people who sells them always have the warm heart to serve their customers and that's why the place is loved by so many people. One of the reasons why we designed this tour was not only because we wanted people to see Kuromon Market, but also to create the opportunity to interact with the warm culture that's there.
Kuromon maket is a must-visit place and you probably plan to visit there. But why should you join this tour?
1. Try authentic local foods loved by Osaka locals - There are tons of shops and stores on the street and it is not easy to pick foods you like. On the tour, we'll walk and sample the best local foods you must try in Kuromon market. You'll never miss true local foods cooked there.
The tour includes a couple of food samplings enough to fill your stomach.
2. Learn about the place and culture from locals - We don't just visit there. You'll get insights into Osaka food culture and history of the market.
Your guide'll give you some tips about what to try in Osaka for your rest of your Osaka trip.
It will absolutely be an outstanding tour for those who would like to try different kinds of Osaka foods and we're sure that the tour will make your Osaka trip 10 times more memorable and enjoyable than visiting on your own!
If you're a vegan/vegetarian, we also have some vegetarian options for you, so please let us know when you make the booking for the tour! If you have any concerns or questions, please feel free to contact us!
The friendly Osaka local guides will be waiting for you to go on the tour with you. Let's explore Kuromon Market!
Try Osaka's "must-eat" street food, Takoyaki at Kuromon Market
Have you heard of a Japanese snack called, "Takoyaki"? It's a small rounded ball snack made of wheat-flour based batter with a piece of octopus inside. After shaping it roundly with a mold, people put savory sauce and some bonito flakes on top. This Takoyaki is originally from Osaka and that's why we want you to try the best Takoyaki in this Osaka walking tour!
Have a taste of local favorite foods while walking through Kuromon Market and Dotonbori street
This tour will be an excellent option for you if you would like to try different kinds of Japanese food in one place! The Kuromon Market has a history of more than 100 years and has more than 130 shops and stalls. We're sure it'll be difficult for you to decide which food to try since there're too many options. But don't worry, we'll stop by and sample local favorites. We'll try fresh seafood, hot-pot dishes, and more.
Find unique Japanese kitchenware and tableware souvenirs to bring home
After sampling foods, we'll head to a street named Doguyasuji street. The street has contributed to "the Kitchen of the Nation" by offering various kitchenware, tableware and cooking equipment not only for individuals, but also for professionals. You'll find practical special souvenirs for your family and friends who enjoys cooking. After that, we will walk around Dotonbori street where we can enjoy more Osaka local foods!
- All ages can join this tour.
- Please note that there might be other participants.
- You do not need to pay for guide's food and drinks.
- Please bring some cash to pay for your food and drinks that is not included in the tour fee.
- Out of respect for other guests and to ensure the best tour for everyone, we must start the tour on time.
- You will not be able to join the tour, get refund or rescheduled if you are late for the tour and missed the group.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the tour starting time.
- Free date/time change up to 24 hours till the tour starting time (depending on availability).
- Local favorite foods and drinks
- Hidden spots all over Japan
- Meet 10 of our local guides
Not ready to book yet?
Save it for later
Travel planning is hard. Take your time :) Save this link just in case and come back when you make a decision.
Some decisions need to be done together.
Share this link and see what they think
Check our FAQ to clear up any doubts you might have.