1-Day Hiroshima World Heritage TourConquer the two World Heritage Sites in Hiroshima - Miyajima and Peace Memorial Park in one day!
- 7 hour tour
- Small group tour
- English speaking guide
- Entrance fee of Peace Memorial Museum and Orizuru tower
- Lunch (Vegan menu available)
- Entrance fee of Itsukushima shrine
- One drink
- 7 hours with a local knowledgeable guide
- Tour photos
- Transportation fee to Miyajima (2,380 yen ($22))
- Additional food and drink (Available for purchase)
Hi, I'm YUJI. I was born and raised in Hiroshima.
This tour will allow you to efficiently explore the two World Heritage sites in Hiroshima with a local guide in half a day. If you have time to stay in Hiroshima for a full day, please take this tour. We will visit two World Heritage Sites and share with you the history, religion, and delicious local foods and drinks of Hiroshima.
Through this tour, I just want to share not only some moving stories from my people but also introduce how we recovered from such situations. In addition, we want you to experience our story from a local's perspective.
In this tour, we will guide you not only to Hiroshima peace memorial park, but to local preserved scenes of atomic bomb as well.
Our local tour guide will take you to places that aren't well known among the majority, as well as places that have a deep connection to the history of Hiroshima. By visiting these places, you will have a deeper understanding of what transpired over decades ago. You will also hopefully be able to feel the resurgence of optimism in this beautiful city that still continues to this day.
After that, your guide will take you to Miyajima island. As everyone knows, Miyajima has a very famous floating shrine called Itsukushima Shrine. However, this holy island has much more to offer than just this one extraordinary shrine. The island itself is known as a spiritual power spot, and on this tour, prepare to learn about Japanese Buddhism as well as Shinto religions and their differences, and visit the just as special Daishoin Temple and be enlightened!
We will start expoloring Miyajima by taking an in-depth look into the world of Shinto and the famous World Heritage Itsukushima Shrine and the famous great red Torii gate in the sea. After this we will take you into the world of Japanese Buddhism and this unique, mystical temple with its plethora of different statues will surely amaze you.
After enjoying your stroll around this beautiful island and with a brain full of new knowledge on Japanese history, religion and culture get ready to chow down on some local delicacies! Try out some fresh local oysters, fried Momiji dumplings, and steamed buns with different fillings!
Solo travelers, friends, couples and family, all are welcome!
- Some exhibits contain graphic imagery that may shock young children. Please tell your guide if you have any concerns.
- You do not need to pay for the guide's food and drinks
- Please bring some cash for your additional orders
- Out of respect for our other guests and to ensure the best tour for everyone, we must start the tour on time.
- Please note that if you are late for more than 15 minutes than meeting time (10 mins before the tour starting time), you will not be able to join the tour, get refund or rescheduled.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the tour starting time.
- Local favorite foods and drinks
- Hidden spots all over Japan
- Meet 10 of our local guides
Not ready to book yet?
Save it for later
Travel planning is hard. Take your time :) Save this link just in case and come back when you make a decision.
Some decisions need to be done together.
Share this link and see what they think
Check our FAQ to clear up any doubts you might have.