Himeji Castle Half Day Walking TourDiscover history and beauty of Himeji Castle★★★★★
- 4 hour tour
- Small group tour
- English speaking guide
We deployed some measures to ensure the safety of our customers and guides.Read more
- Explore inside Himeji Castle, registered as a World heritage sight by UNESCO, & learn the history of the castle and the people who used to live there.
- Experience an authentic tea ceremony while exploring a Japanese garden.
- See the back of Himeji Castle from the hidden lookout.
- Entrance fee for Himeji Castle & Kokoen garden
- Fee for tea ceremony experience
- Tour photos
- 4 hours with a local guide
- Extra drinks and food
Hi! My passion for making this tour is based on my real life experience. I've been to the castle when I was a child, but of course I still remember the wonderful memory.
Later on as I grew up, I had an opportunity to visit here again and realized how amazing the architecture is and how important it has been to our history.
Even though we already have so many tourists from other countries I noticed there are a lack of the amount of information about it in foreign languages. I thought it would be great if we could create a tour about the history and architecture of the castle! If you are curious about what happened to our country in the historical era, we will be honored to explain it in relation to how history affected the building of this beautiful white castle.
If you are familiar with the castles of your own country, it will be an interesting learning experience to compare the difference with Japanese castles. We are so excited to talk to you guys on the tour!
See you soon in Himeji!
Get insights into History of Himeji Castle from a local guide
After meeting up with your guide, head to Himeji castle and discover its beauty and wonder. You will enter the castle and learn about its rich history as well as Japanese culture. Climb the stairs to the top of the castle and enjoy gazing outside its windows which offers a delightful view of the city.
Venture into Kokoen Garden & Experience Japanese tea ceremony
After exploring the castle, we'll head to the Kokoen garden where you can bask in the beauty of a Japanese style garden. Along the way we will also stop by for a tea ceremony, you can try out Matcha(Japanese tea) and unwind while enjoying the surrounding nature.
Enjoy the beautiful view of Himeji Castle from an observatory
Lastly we'll head to an viewing observatory where you can view Himeji castle from a far. Climb the steps and behold the beauty of Himeji castle, like looking at a castle in the sky. On the way down we will check out the nearby shrine close out the experience
- There are a lot of stairs inside the castle, so please check whether you have companies who are worried about going upstairs without an elevator beforehand.
- We have to take off our shoes when we go inside. Please wear shoes which make you walk and take off easily.
- Out of respect for our other guests and to ensure the best tour for everyone, we must start the tour on time.
- Please note that if you are late for more than 15 minutes than meeting time (10 mins before the tour starting time), you will not be able to join the tour, get refund or rescheduled.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the tour starting time.
- Free date/time rescheduling up to 24 hours before the tour starting time (depending on availability).
- Local favorite foods and drinks
- Hidden spots all over Japan
- Meet 10 of our local guides
Not ready to book yet?
Save it for later
Travel planning is hard. Take your time :) Save this link just in case and come back when you make a decision.
Some decisions need to be done together.
Share this link and see what they think
Check our FAQ to clear up any doubts you might have.