Hiroshima Peace (Heiwa) Walking Tour at World Heritage SitesGet insights into Hiroshima's Past, Present and Future from Hiroshima Locals★★★★★
- 4.5 hour tour
- Small group tour
- English speaking guide
What makes this tour unique
- Hear the "Real Voice" from Hiroshima local guides while touring locations deeply rooted in the history of hiroshima.
- Learn Hiroshima's past, present and future through stories from locals. Everything is included such as entrance fees.
- Visit the Peace Memorial Museum and Park, a world heritage site.
- Feel the revitalized Hiroshima. We invite you to activities that promote peace such as paper crane making.
Check out YouTuber ONLY in JAPAN experiencing our tour
Tips and recommendations by our official guides
Hi, I'm YUJI. I was born and raised in Hiroshima, and I heard many many stories of my mom's or grand parents' stories of their war time experiences. I commit myself to world peace thanks to my family and what they experienced.
When you visit other countries, you might want to experience unique cultures/customs as many as you can in the limited time, and we will provide you exactly that in this tour.
Hiroshima has many great places to visit such as Miyajima, Hiroshima castle, Shukkei garden park...
Through this tour, I just want to share not only some moving stories from my people but also introduce how we recovered from such situations. In addition, we want you to experience our story from a locals perspective.
In this Hiroshima peace (Heiwa) tour, we will guide you to not only Hiroshima peace memorial park but local preserve scenes of atomic bomb by walking. And after that, you can experience “Origami” at Orizuru tower.
Origami is the art of Japanese paper folding. In Hiroshima, origami cranes have a special meaning for hoping “Heiwa” which means peace, so let’s fold a piece of colored paper into the shape of a crane and pray for world peace!
There is also a lot of unique, cultural and modern souvenirs at Orizuru tower, so you can look around the shop at last.
Our local tour guide will take you to places that aren't well known among the majority, as well as places that have a deep connection to the history of Hiroshima. By visiting these places, you will have a deeper understanding of what transpired over decades ago. You will also hopefully be able to feel the resurgence of optimism in this beautiful city that still continues to this day.
This is a small-group tour, so you can enjoy the time like going out with friends! (Please check our reviews on tripadvisor!)
Solo travelers, friends, couples and family, all are welcome! ** Needless to say, we will fit your own walking pace.
Come join us on this peace walking tour! Let's have an experience together in this historical atmosphere without any cultural or language barriers.
Let's Get Insights into the History of Hiroshima
On arrival, our tour guide will take visitors on a tour through the Hiroshima Peace Memorial Museum. Here, they will learn the horrors of the atomic bomb as well as how the people of Hiroshima coped with the tragedy. This will be tour filled with hope, where the people of Hiroshima learn never to give up even in the darkest days.
Past to present, your local guide will show you how life was like after the atomic bomb impact compared to Hiroshima today.
Let's go up to the Orizuru Tower's observatory area. You can get almost of the whole view of the Hiroshima city and feel the strength of the people/human nature of Hiroshima.
Enjoy a spectacular view of Hiroshima while eating lunch and reminisce the past and present of this beautiful city.
Have lunch with the guide and also go see the Aogiri tree and the Atomic Bomb Dome, learn more about Japanese life and feel the revival of the city.
In front of the mon-bell store near Nishi Kamiyacho StationSee on google maps
- 1 minute walk from Nishi Kamiya Station
- A guide will be holding a sign saying "Magical Trip Tour"
- The restaurant industry faces difficulty of hiring restaurant staff and training them because many restaurant staff had to quit or got laid off during the times of the Covid-19 pandemic. Therefore, food and drinks at some restaurants possibly comes served late and the tour might be longer than originally scheduled. We kindly ask for your understanding
- Because most Japanese restaurants are not fully ready for providing vegetarian menus, choices of vegetarian foods in our tour is available but limited.
- Some exhibits contain graphic imagery that may shock young children. Please tell your guide if you have any concerns.
- You do not need to pay for the guide's food and drinks
- Please bring some cash for your additional orders
- Out of respect for our other guests and to ensure the best tour for everyone, we must start the tour on time.
- Please note that if you are late for more than 15 minutes than meeting time (10 mins before the tour starting time), you will not be able to join the tour, get refund or rescheduled.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the tour starting time.