Hiroshima Peace (Heiwa) Walking Tour at World Heritage SitesGet insights into Hiroshima's Past, Present and Future from Hiroshima Locals★★★★★
- 4.5 hour tour
- Small group tour
- English speaking guide
What makes this tour unique
- Experience the authentic voice of Hiroshima through the insights of local guides as you explore locations steeped in the city's rich history. Delve deep into Hiroshima's past, present, and future through compelling narratives shared by those who call it home. Rest assured, all entrance fees are included for a seamless experience.
- Journey to the Peace Memorial Museum and Park, recognized as a UNESCO World Heritage site, to gain profound insights into Hiroshima's legacy.
- Immerse yourself in the rejuvenated spirit of Hiroshima. Participate in activities that resonate with themes of peace, such as the art of crafting paper cranes. We warmly invite you to be part of this transformative experience.
Tips and recommendations by our official guides
Hello, I'm YUJI. Born and raised in Hiroshima, I've been deeply influenced by the stories of my family, especially tales from my grandparents about their wartime experiences. Their narratives have instilled in me a profound commitment to world peace.
When you explore other countries, you likely aim to immerse yourself in unique cultures and customs within your limited time. Our tour is tailored to offer precisely that experience. Hiroshima boasts numerous attractions, including Miyajima, Hiroshima Castle, and the Shukkei Garden Park.
Through this tour, my goal is not only to share poignant stories from my community but also to showcase Hiroshima's remarkable recovery from past challenges. I wish for you to understand our narrative from a local's perspective.
Our Hiroshima Peace (Heiwa) Tour will guide you through the Hiroshima Peace Memorial Park and lesser-known sites affected by the atomic bomb, allowing you to witness history firsthand. Following this, immerse yourself in the art of origami at the Orizuru Tower. In Hiroshima, folding origami cranes symbolizes a wish for peace. Let's fold these paper cranes together, symbolizing our collective hope for global harmony.
Don't miss the opportunity to explore the unique blend of cultural and modern souvenirs at the Orizuru Tower's shop.
Our local guide will lead you to hidden gems intertwined with Hiroshima's history, offering insights that deepen your appreciation of the city's resilience and hope. This intimate, small-group tour ensures a personalized experience, akin to exploring with friends. (Feel free to check our reviews on TripAdvisor!)
Solo travelers, couples, friends, and families—all are welcome! Rest assured, we'll accommodate your preferred walking pace.
Join us on this transformative peace walking tour. Let's navigate Hiroshima's historical ambiance together, transcending cultural and language barriers.
Get Insights into the History of Hiroshima
On arrival, our tour guide will take visitors on a tour through the Hiroshima Peace Memorial Museum. Here, they will learn the horrors of the atomic bomb as well as how the people of Hiroshima coped with the tragedy. This will be a tour filled with hope, where the people of Hiroshima learn to never to give up even in the darkest days.
Past to present, your local guide will show you how life was like after the atomic bomb impact compared to Hiroshima today.
Let's go up to the Orizuru Tower's observatory area. You can get almost of the whole view of Hiroshima city and feel the strength of the people of Hiroshima!
Experience a breathtaking view of Hiroshima as you indulge in lunch, allowing you to reflect on the city's rich history and vibrant present.
Have lunch with the guide and also go see the Aogiri tree and the Atomic Bomb Dome, learn more about Japanese life and feel the revival of the city.
In front of the mon-bell store near Nishi Kamiyacho Station
- 1 minute walk from Nishi Kamiya Station
- A guide will be holding a sign saying "Magical Trip Tour"
- Meeting Place: Mon-Bell Hiroshima Kamiyacho Store
- Places to visit: Memorial Park, Hiroshima Peace Memorial Museum, Tsuito-Kinenkan, Orizuru Tower, Aogiri Tree, Atomic Bomb Dome, Akushu Cafe or Nagata-ya.
- The restaurant industry faces difficulty in hiring restaurant staff and training them due to many restaurant staff having to quit or having gotten laid off during the Covid-19 pandemic. Therefore, food and drinks at some restaurants may be served late making the tour last longer than originally scheduled. We kindly ask for your understanding
- Because most Japanese restaurants are not fully ready for providing vegetarian menus, limited choices of vegetarian foods in our tour is available.
- We are unable to accommodate gluten-free requests for this tour.
- Some exhibits contain graphic imagery that may shock young children. Please tell your guide if you have any concerns.
- You do not need to pay for the guide's food and drinks
- Please bring some cash for your additional orders
- Out of respect for our other guests and to ensure the best tour for everyone, we must start the tour on time.
- Please note that if you are late for more than 15 minutes than meeting time (10 mins before the tour starting time), you will not be able to join the tour, get a refund or reschedule.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the tour starting time.
Photos from the Recent Tours
Check out YouTuber ONLY in JAPAN experiencing our tour