Samurai Culture Tour in YamagataThe Ultimate Japanese Culture Experience in Yamagata
- 4 hour tour
- Small group tour
- English speaking guide
We deployed some measures to ensure the safety of our customers and guides.Read more
- Wear a Hakama and try out a real Katana sword by cutting bamboos.
- Taste an authentic Soba lunch loved by Samurais of the era.
- Visit “Yamagata Knives”, and try out various equipment created from skills of old.
- Samurai experience, lunch, photos during the tour
- Transportation fee
Hello! I am Tommy, and welcome to Yamagata!. Yamagata is home to various natural wonders and hot springs, but it is also a place of Samurai culture. In this tour, you will be able to learn Samurai skills from a master who will teach you actual Samurai katana techniques. Scary? Don’t be! Anyone can learn this skill! After 2 hours of learning, we will take you on a delicious Soba lunch, visit a shrine, and to a Japanese knife forgery. Come visit Yamagata and have an authentic, and cool experience with us!
A real samurai experience in Yamagata!
After meeting up with your guide, you will visit an impactful dojo where you will dress into a Hakama and learn basic katana techniques. Once you mastered those skills, it is time to try your skills to the test on a bamboo.
An authentic Soba lunch loved by Samurais
Soba was an essential meal for Samurais. We will visit a luxurious Soba restaurant. After enjoying lunch, we will take you to Yamagata’s cultural shrine where you will be able to take amazing pictures.
See how blades are forged
Yamagata Knives is a forgery that has been operating for 600 years. Here, you will be able to observe how they make gardening scissors. You may even purchase one should you need it!
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the tour starting time.
- Free date/time rescheduling up to 24 hours before the tour starting time (depending on availability)."
- Local favorite foods and drinks
- Hidden spots all over Japan
- Meet 10 of our local guides
Not ready to book yet?
Save it for later
Travel planning is hard. Take your time :) Save this link just in case and come back when you make a decision.
Some decisions need to be done together.
Share this link and see what they think
Check our FAQ to clear up any doubts you might have.