Tokushima Awa-Odori Experience TourExperience the history and culture of Tokushima
- 5 hour tour
- Small group tour
- English speaking guide
We deployed some measures to ensure the safety of our customers and guides.Read more
- Learn about the history of Tokushima City at the Tokushima Castle Museum and enjoy the gardens!
- Enjoy a panoramic view of Tokushima City from the observatory at the top of Bizan Mountain!
- Learn about the history of the Awa Odori dance and try dancing it yourself!
- Guide fee
- Lunch fee (chicken and egg on rice, soba noodle)
- Entrance fee / Ropeway / Awa Odori demonstration
- transportation fee during the tour : 210 JPY
- (City Bus : Tokushima Central Park, Court North - Yaoya-machi)
- additional food and beverage expenses
At Tokushima Castle Museum, learn about the history of Tokushima City and enjoy viewing the gardens.
After meeting in front of Tokushima Station, a local guide will take you to the Tokushima Castle History Museum. You will learn about the feudal lords who supported the development of Tokushima City and get a glimpse of the daily life of ordinary people in the Edo period. Don't miss the beautiful Japanese garden loved by the successive lords of the clan !
Enjoy a panoramic view of Tokushima City from the observatory at the top of Bizan Mountain!
At the Awa Odori Museum, you can enjoy a panoramic view of Tokushima City from the observatory of Mt. Bizan, which was written in the Manyoshu (an anthology of poetry) and is still a symbol of Tokushima City.
Learn about the history of the Awa Odori dance and try dancing it yourself !
You will watch the Awa Odori performance of experienced dancers and ringers up close. We will deepen our knowledge of the Awa Odori dance, which is the pride of the citizens of Tokushima, and at the end of the tour, all participants will dance together!
- We will also use public transportation to get around. There will be a lot of walking during the museum tour, so please wear comfortable clothes.
- Depending on the weather conditions (strong winds, heavy rain), the ropeway service may be cancelled and the view from the observatory may not be enjoyed. In that case, the ropeway fee will be refunded.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the tour starting time.
- Local favorite foods and drinks
- Hidden spots all over Japan
- Meet 10 of our local guides
Not ready to book yet?
Save it for later
Travel planning is hard. Take your time :) Save this link just in case and come back when you make a decision.
Some decisions need to be done together.
Share this link and see what they think
Check our FAQ to clear up any doubts you might have.