Tsukuba Bar Hopping TourA locals night-out in the town of science
- 3 hour tour
- Small group tour
- English speaking guide
We deployed some measures to ensure the safety of our customers and guides.Read more
- Enjoy Ibaraki cuisine and drinks
- Enjoy Ibaraki ale, sake, and Tsukuba chicken
- Taste some authentic “SPACE” food?
- 1 drink & 1 Oden plate
- Food & Additional Drinks (Available for purchase at the bars)
Hello, and welcome to the science town of Tsukuba! In this bar hopping tour, we will take you through 3 different bars, all serving different Ibaraki food. From a locals perspective, Tsukuba is more of a science-town (think silicon valley but SCIENCE), rather than a travel destination. But Tsukuba hides various hidden treasures, that cannot be experienced in Tokyo or other big cities. In the name of science, drinking is not the only experience provided on this tour. Yes, you can have a photoshoot with a ACTUAL rocket, and sample some SPACE FOOD (ooohhh). Come join us and enjoy Tsukuba from a locals perspective!
Say Cheers in a locals hot-pot restaurant!
After meeting up at Tsukuba station, we will head for a locals bar, hidden behind the busy streets of Tsukuba. Here, you will be able to enjoy “ODEN” (hot pot), a locals favorite! Down some giant glasses of beer and enjoy the exquisite foods only locals enjoy!
Various delicious encounters in an Izakaya bar
Our next bar serves delicious dishes using Ibaraki food items, including 3 types of Ibaraki craft beer. Chow on some Ibaraki pork cutlet, and Tsukuba fried chicken.
Encounter a rocket and a standing bar
Before our final bar, you will be able to take a photo with an actual rocket! In this final standing bar, you will be able to sample some SPACE FOOD, loved by astronauts.
- "Anyone over 15 years old can join this tour but only those who are 20 years or older are allowed to drink alcohol by Japanese law.（Allowed ages info is necessary）
- You do not need to pay for the guide's food and drinks
- Please bring some cash for your additional orders
- Out of respect for our other guests and to ensure the best tour for everyone, we must start the tour on time.
- Please note that if you are late for more than 15 minutes than meeting time (10 mins before the tour starting time), you will not be able to join the tour, get refund or rescheduled."
- "For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the tour starting time.
- Free date/time rescheduling up to 24 hours before the tour starting time (depending on availability)."
- Local favorite foods and drinks
- Hidden spots all over Japan
- Meet 10 of our local guides
Not ready to book yet?
Save it for later
Travel planning is hard. Take your time :) Save this link just in case and come back when you make a decision.
Some decisions need to be done together.
Share this link and see what they think
Check our FAQ to clear up any doubts you might have.