Kyoto UNESCO Historical Walking TourTravel through Kyoto's finest world heritage sites including the Golden Pavilion and the stone gardens of Ryoan-ji
- 3.5 hour tour
- Small group tour
- English speaking guide
We deployed some measures to ensure the safety of our customers and guides.Read more
- Explore Ninnaji temple and know more about Japanese emperors
- Explore Ryoanji temple to feel and learn the art of Zen
- Explore golden temple and learn the rich history of Japan and experience Japan's traditional culture including matcha and Shakyo(sutra copying).
- Entrance fee for Ninnaji temple, Ryoanji temple and Golden temple.
- Matcha drink and Shakyo(Hand copying sutra)
- Additional purchases including food and drinks.
Hi, I was born and rased in Kyoto until graduation from university.
While I was learning in University, I studied Japanese traditional culture including Kimono, tea ceremony and Japanese flower arrangement.
Through the study of traditional culture from lots of masters I felt first hand the spirit ofKyoto. It is still difficult to say clearly in words what the real traditional and Kyoto's sprit is, but after spending around 10years abroad in various foreign cities, I was now able to find Kyoto's beautiful places and calm, modest parts deeply. If you join this tour, you can also find and feel Kyoto's most beautiful parts deeply from your special guide who is knowledgeable about Kyoto history, cultures, sprit and customs. Of course you can visit Kyoto World Heritage temples and shrines by yourself and can enjoy that atmosphere and the view.
But I believe if you visit Kyoto's world heritage places, you also want to get the knowledge about its history and cultural significance from a local. That way, you will be satisfied and become truly knowledgeable on our beautiful heritage.
On this tour, we will visit three temples, and each temple has its unique parts and special histories.
In Ninnaji Temple, you can get knowledge about the Japanese emperor and kannon deity statues.
You may also enjoy their traditional buildings and traditional garden. Second temple, Ryoanji temple, you can get knowledge about Zen spirit,and enjoy the view of the Rock garden from Zen spirit.
Last but not least, the Golden temple, you will be surprised at the glamorous temple which you never seen before in all of Japan, but you also will be surprised about its deep history. The last spot of the golden temple, you also can enjoy matcha and traditional sweets of tea ceremony. After that, you can experience Shyakyo ( one word of a sutra copying). Come to Join us to get special experience with your special guide!
- Out of respect for our other guests and to ensure the best tour for everyone, we must start the tour on time.
- Please note that if you are late for more than 15 minutes than meeting time (10 mins before the tour starting time), you will not be able to join the tour, get refund or rescheduled.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the tour starting time.
- Local favorite foods and drinks
- Hidden spots all over Japan
- Meet 10 of our local guides
Not ready to book yet?
Save it for later
Travel planning is hard. Take your time :) Save this link just in case and come back when you make a decision.
Some decisions need to be done together.
Share this link and see what they think
Check our FAQ to clear up any doubts you might have.