Experience the local food alleys in Tokyo that are normally hard to find for tourists at night
Enjoy eating local food & drinks at lively food alleys in Shinjuku and Ebisu (Shibuya), popular nightlife districts in Tokyo
Hop through 3 local Japanese Izakaya bars (traditional bars) with a friendly local guide
Hello, my name is Shoto!
I've lived in the United States and Myanmar for several years and traveled many countries. Through the experiences, I saw a lot of different cultures and customs, and that made me realize how unique Japanese culture is.
One of the most unique cultures is drinking in local places, and I would love to share it with you in this bar hopping tour!
In this Tokyo Bar Hopping tour, I will guide you to good old bar alleys called Shinjuku Omoide Yokocho and Ebisu Yokocho and let you feel Tokyo's culinary scene as well as the authentic Tokyo nightlife.
There is also a lot of delicious and authentic food you can try, like Yakitori (Grilled Chicken Skewers), Grilled seafood, and much more!
You can order foods you like based on tour guide's explanation and recommendation in each Izakaya, so don't worry even though you are a vegetarian or have food allergies.
The local people, especially when they drink at night, are super friendly. Let's have a drink (or a lot of drinks) with them!
We will take you to places you can’t find or enjoy by yourself, and make you enjoy the Tokyo Nightlife like a local!!
On top of that, this is a small-group tour, so you can enjoy the time like going out with friends! (Please check our reviews on tripadvisor!)
Solo travelers, friends, couples and family, all are welcome!
Come join us on this bar hopping adventure! Let's have an awesome experience together in this unique atmosphere without any cultural or language barriers.
FREE EBOOK The Insider's Guide to Tokyo Nightlife
- Japanese Nightlife Phrasebook
- Shinjuku and Shibuya Nightlife Map
- 11 mistakes that foreigners make, and more!
Planning on traveling to Japan? The tour starts at the heart of Tokyo (Shinjuku). If you have any questions about the bar hopping tour, be free to ask us via chat or e-mail anytime!
- danielmersinreviewed in 2 daysGreat Experience
I had an amazing experience of the bar hopping tour. Shoto, our guide, was extremely knowledgeable. The tour took us through back alleys, hidden bars and quirky eating places. I'd highly recommend the tour if you're keen to go off the beaten track...
- mike53reviewed 6 days agoDrink like a local
We took the Bar Tour of Shinjuku and Ebisu at Night. Shoto, our guide took us the hidden food alleys that we would never have had access to otherwise. Not only did he took us to the places to taste authentic Japanese food and drinks, he took time to...
- SunnyDdaysreviewed 13 days agoUnique drinking tour!
Tokyo has a ton of bars, so I'm not sure why there aren't more bar hopping tours to be found. This one was great value with a great tour guide - Shoto. We went to 3 divey spots that were small, cramped, and oh so Tokyo. I really enjoyed going as I...
- Alex Ereviewed 14 days agoBest way to see the real parts of Tokyo
Great experience with three awesome local guides, Shoto, Shiori and Kodai. Way more to this than just ‘bar hopping’... fantastic food, drink and atmosphere and an opportunity to learn a huge amount about local customs, and the best way to enjoy...
- Q: Is the Tokyo Bar Hopping tour still available for tonight or tomorrow night?A: The calendar on the checkout page (the user form page) shows its availability. We take same-day reservations until 3pm everyday when it is available. If your preffered date shows it is available, that means we still have room!
- Q: We have a big group with over 5 people. Is that ok to book?A: Absolutely! You can reserve up to 8 people. If you are more than 8 people, please inquiry us in advance.