Experience the local food alleys in Tokyo that are normally hard to find for tourists at night
Enjoy eating local food & drinks at lively food alleys in Shinjuku and Ebisu (Shibuya), popular nightlife districts in Tokyo
Hop through 3 local Japanese bars and pubs with a friendly local guide
Hello, my name is Shoto! I'm the creator of this trip and sometimes I'm also the guide.
I've lived in the United States and Myanmar for several years and traveled many countries. Through the experiences, I saw a lot of different cultures and customs, and that made me realize how unique Japanese culture is.
One of the most unique cultures is drinking in local places, and I would love to share it with you in this bar hopping tour!
In this Tokyo Bar Hopping tour, we will guide you to good old bars and food alleys in Shinjuku and Ebisu, and let you feel Tokyo's culinary scene as well as the authentic Tokyo nightlife.
There is also a lot of delicious and authentic food you can try, like Yakitori (Grilled Chicken Skewers), Grilled seafood, and much more!
You can order foods you like based on tour guide's explanation and recommendation in each Izakaya, so don't worry even though you are a vegetarian or have food allergies.
The local people, especially when they drink at night, are super friendly. Let's have a drink (or a lot of drinks) with them!
We will take you to places you can’t find or enjoy by yourself, and make you enjoy the Tokyo Nightlife like a local!!
On top of that, this is a small-group tour, so you can enjoy the time like going out with friends! (Please check our reviews on tripadvisor!)
Solo travelers, friends, couples and family, all are welcome!
Come join us on this bar hopping adventure! Let's have an awesome experience together in this unique atmosphere without any cultural or language barriers.
FREE EBOOK The Insider's Guide to Tokyo Nightlife
- Japanese Nightlife Phrasebook
- Must try foods and drinks in Japan
- 5 mistakes that foreigners make, and more!
- 3 hours with a local guide
- Japanese sake
- Hopping 3 local izakaya bars with a local guide
- The MagicalTrip original sake cup
- Please note that there may be other participants
- You do not need to pay for the guide's food and drinks
- Please bring some cash for your drinks and food, as most bars don't accept credit cards
- Usually each izakaya bar costs around 1,000 - 2,000JPY ($8 - $20)
- On the tour, we take a train to Ebisu and a train ticket is not included. A ticket costs 160JPY ($1.5)
- Please note that most of the Izakaya bars have a cover charge of 300-500 JPY ($2-4) per person, which usually includes a small appetizer of the day called Otooshi
- You might need to order at least 1 food and 1 drink at the bar because it's the rule for some bars
- Only person over 20 years of age can drink alcohol because of law in Japan
- Free cancellation in 24 hours up to the tour starting time
- Free date/time change in 3 hours up to the tour starting time
- Cancellation after the starting time or no show, you will be charged 100% of the program charge
- Time in Japan Standard Time
- Make a payment on the next page
- You can check its availability in the calendar and will receive a booking email after booking
Planning on traveling to Japan? The tour starts at the heart of Tokyo (Shinjuku). If you have any questions about the bar hopping tour, be free to ask us via chat or e-mail anytime!