Discover the nightlife of Asakusa by hopping 3 lively bars in the backstreets
Enjoy cooking authentic traditional food at the Izakaya bar with a local guide
Try various types of local drinks that you can't taste in other areas
HI! I'm Mamika! How much do you know about the charms of Asakusa? The truth is, there are two faces of Asakusa. One is the face during the daytime, populated with tourists, and the other is the face of the night, where locals gather together. Asakusa is known more for its face of the day as the most famous sightseeing spot in Tokyo, but the face of its nightlife actually has a lot of attractions. For example, the Kaminari Gate and the Nakamise shoppping street are lit up, exposing a dreamlike atmosphere since there are less people, and the retro bars are pumped up by the local people. Our nightlife tour focuses on what to do in Asakusa at night. So, you guys are able to directly learn about Japan's local charms through good food and interaction with people. You can join our tour after daytime sightseeing in Asakusa!
We'll enjoy Tokyo foods and night in this tour. At the first bar, we make Monja & Okonomiyaki on hot iron plate together based on guide's instruction. Monja is watery pancake mixed with cabbage and many ingredients. It's unique and originated in Tokyo. At second bar, we visit Japanese good-old style Izakaya in Hoppy street, where the saloons gather!
A “hoppy” is a drink made and first sold on 1948 in Japan, and was a drink that became popular due to its beer-like taste and cheap price when beer was expensive after the war. Please feel the local drinking atmosphere in Japan. At last, we will take you a small standing bar for some extra foods and drinks!!
Let's have a great time experiencing Asakusa's nightlife with Japanese locals!
- 3 hours with a local guide
- Some Japanese sake at the last bar
- Hopping 3 local izakaya bars with a local guide
- The MagicalTrip original sake cup
- Please note that there may be other participants
- You do not need to pay for the guide's food and drinks
- Please bring some cash for your drinks and food, as most bars don't accept credit cards
- Usually each izakaya bar costs around 1,000 - 2,000JPY ($8 - $20)
- You might need to order at least 1 food at the bar because it's the rule for some bars
- Only person over 20 years of age can drink alcohol because of law in Japan
- Out of respect for our other guests and to ensure the best tour for everyone, we must start the tour on time. Please note that you may need to join the tour from the second/third bar if you are being too late for the tour.
- Free cancellation in 24 hours up to the tour starting time
- Free date/time change in 3 hours up to the tour starting time
- Cancellation after the starting time or no show, you will be charged 100% of the program charge
- Time in Japan Standard Time
- Please note that being late for more than 30 minutes without contacting us will be regarded as cancellation
- Make a payment on the next page
- You can check its availability in the calendar
- We will send you detailed information about your guide and a direction to the meeting place on the day of your tour date