COVID-19 infection control Overall Guideline
In order to ensure your safety and our guides' safety, we require special actions from our guide team during this situation.
- All guides are required to wear masks
- All guides are required to check their temperature on the tour date. In case they have a fever or feel sick, they'll report to us and the tour will be cancelled. In that case you'll get a full refund.
- All guides are required to ensure social distancing during the tour while walking, explaining, etc.
- All guides are required to be registered on COCOA (Japanese government contact-tracing app for COVID-19). If they had close contact with infected people, they are required to tell us that information and the tour will be cancelled. In that case you'll get a full refund.
- All guides are instructed to refrain from asking to continue the interaction after the tour, karaoke, night club, etc.
- All guides are instructed to refrain from, hand-shaking and hugging customers :(
- We require all our customers to wear a mask
- We recommend all our customers to check their temperature on the tour date. In case they have a fever, or feel sick, we will refund their bookings
- We recommend our customers to inform us, if for some reason they feel they got infected during the tour, so we can notify the other people in the same tour group
Our tours (special considerations by type)
- Already safe. Online tours are the safest tours during this pandemic.
Tours with food
- MagicalTrip checks if the venues make some actions to prevent the spread of COVID-19
- Sanitize menu, dish and chopsticks
- Get dish, chopsticks, food and drinks individually without guide passing them to customers
- Don't share food or drinks
- Sit while respecting social-distance
Tours with Bike
- Sanitize bike handles and saddle before the tour starts
Tours with temples / shrines
- Don't use unsanitized cups, bells